monorails

37 Replies, 53778 Views

Evan will be three soon. Time flies!

I'm running out of ideas on how to top off the new tracks.
I don't want to take down the other track (left corner with green bridge) and move it onto the new layout Confused

And hey! I still have my real teeth! thank you! Big Grin
Evan Almighty and His Train Collection
[Image: banner12.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ActionChugger's post:
  • Super
(05-26-2014, 01:04 PM)ActionChugger Wrote: Evan will be three soon. Time flies!

I'm running out of ideas on how to top off the new tracks.
I don't want to take down the other track (left corner with green bridge) and move it onto the new layout Confused

And hey! I still have my real teeth! thank you! Big Grin

Why not 2 seperate spirals that go up, and connect within a bridge leading out from one side in both of them? Then at the bottem of both spirals, put a track connecting the 2, so a train will go up one spiral, cross a bridge to the second one,and go down the second one. Then the train will cross the bottem track and do it all again. That may work if you need some ideas
From Thomas To Today's Modern Diesels, They're All A Part Of My Rail-Yard!
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2014, 01:59 PM by Trackmaster-Rail-Yard.)
The new setup (against the wall) is massive and I like the towers constructed so the trains can change elevations rater than go round and round. I also like the connecting middle part. Now if you only had about 50 more subway tunnels and to top them off with the clear ones..... [Image: credit-cards-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Which brings up a good question for the "I Wish Tomy Would" thread.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Update.
Made a spiral that goes nowhere! LOL
[Image: 10432054_744516645610473_37305438_n.jpg]

I had to stop and refocus!
Made this video of the Transfer station design.
http://instagram.com/p/opRRl_MtyE/

I saw the design on youtube and wanted to try it.
Had difficult time figuring out how to keep the train from bumping to each other since it is technically 1 track with 4 trains.

Got it done!
I think I want more transfer stations.
I like to multiple things. Big Grin
With Running locomotives Angel

http://instagram.com/p/oqa0EIst2J/
[-] The following 2 users Like ActionChugger's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, Trackmaster-Rail-Yard
Fantastic ActionChugger [Image: rock-on-smiley-emoticon.gif]

It sure looks like you have a great time with Evan when building these layouts and what a great space you have to do it in.

I got a good chuckle out of the "spiral that goes nowhere!" Too bad there wasn't a way to "bridge" the span between the right and left sides so a train could spiral up one side and down the other and Evan can walk under it..

I have seen some videos of some neatly designed transfer station layouts where many trains are running without any crashes. Some I am amazed at the engineering.

I am loving what you are laying down (track). Thanks for sharing your pictures and videos.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Trackmaster-Rail-Yard
A few Monorail questions...

Are there different hanging monorail trains & cars where some are better than others? Like some that operate more smoothly, don't rock back and forth or maybe faster?

Are there expansion track sets that include extra curves, risers, track clips and possibly a pack that has the sloped track? Or does one have to find these used in the auctions?

Has anyone modified or heard of a modified hanging monorail with an upgraded motor for a little more speed? Does it even use the same motor as the Tomy trains?
(06-10-2014, 07:17 PM)Super Wrote: Are there expansion track sets that include extra curves, risers, track clips and possibly a pack that has the sloped track? Or does one have to find these used in the auctions?

I can answer this one.
Monorail parts = GOLD! lol
They are either hard to find or cost more than gold!
I was lucky to get a pair of the sloped track from my prevous monorail set purchase.

I saw a pair of used sloped rail on ebay for 70 bucks not including shipping.
  • Super
Thanks AC

A bit steep (get it) for 2 sloped rails Do you recall the set that included those rails? I am taking it for granted the the straight rails are the same as the regular Tomy tracks so one would need the special curved rails, risers and at least one straight rail that allows for putting on and taking off the cars right? I am thinking that an above track monorail might be cheaper in the long run or am I mistaken?
(06-10-2014, 11:44 PM)Super Wrote: Thanks AC

A bit seep (get it) for 2 sloped rails Do you recall the set that included those rails? I am taking it for granted the the straight rails are the same as the regular Tomy tracks so one would need the special curved rails, risers and at least one straight rail that allows for putting on and taking off the cars right? I am thinking that an above track monorail might be cheaper in the long run or am I mistaken?

The slopes were just 2 tracks, no riser
and yes regular blue straight rails will work.

I do not have a above the track monorail, yet, but they are also expensive.
I have not found the above rail holders on ebay.

The part numbers for monorail starts with MR-XX
MR-01 are the curve tracks
MR-02 are the sloped tracks

Here are some ebay monorails
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p...&_from=R40
  • Super