A "One of a Kind" Motorized DE10-1690

4 Replies, 7600 Views

This could be a "One of a Kind" Tandem, motorized DE10-1690. At least I have never seen any like it. What do you think?

[Image: 002_zpsqq18vp9o.jpg]

[Image: 006_zpsnljbgekq.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • ActionChugger
(01-05-2016, 01:09 AM)Super Wrote: This could be a "One of a Kind" Tandem, motorized DE10-1690. At least I have never seen any like it. What do you think?
Well there's no on/off switch on the second loco, the space where it would be is filled in with a plastic insert that appears to exactly match the cab in profile and finish, so I think it was probably made like that, rather than being a custom job?

On the other hand it could be a very good custom! Has a single DE10-1690 ever been issued in that colour? I've seen bright red & grey, blue and grey, yellow, maroon, and dark red, but all-over dark blue? I don't recall that one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
As far as I know, there has never been a motorized version of this DE10. And you are right, the second tandem engine is a dummy and is the only way this color DE10 was released and that was only with the C11 steam train.
(01-05-2016, 10:02 AM)Super Wrote: ...the only way this color DE10 was released .. was .. with the C11 steam train.
Aha! This one (your picture in another thread):
[Image: 001_zps01c189f9.jpg]
(and I just found another one, green and brown with a white top).
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2017, 04:40 PM by Super.)
[Image: big-grin-smiley-emoticon.gif]