Dumica

55 Replies, 53614 Views

Seems like a clone.

-plarnold
These are exactly like those oversized knock off Thomas characters with the lights in the front bufferbeams and the generic soundchip.

The fact that the diesel has siderods, despite not being a shunter, is a very clear sign these are not made by Tomy. Plus, "Dumica" is like "Dumb" + "Tomica".
You may be right as I look closer at the site it states right in the first picture "100% Tomica Compatible" with compatible being the giveaway. Also strange that the site is called "Tomica and uses the Tomica Logo and if you take a look at their tracks and such for sale you can see that they are authentic Tomy in Tomica packaging so this is confusing. Wonder if this is something new or been around for a while. But all that being said, I would like to get my hands on looking at that rolling stock that comes with the steam engine. And if the steam engine is as cheap by itself as the other two it would be worth it to me.

Also saw that they are selling the Tomica Pizza Parlor building new in the box...isn't that much sought after?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
There's a "sign up for newsletter" box at the bottom of the http://www.idumica.pl/ page.

(01-12-2016, 12:45 PM)Super Wrote: Also saw that they are selling the Tomica Pizza Parlor building new in the box...isn't that much sought after?
That's nothing! - If you search hard enough you can find wholesalers in Poland who claim to have both Max and Monty in stock at bargain prices. Only problem is that the one I found that does international shipping and I worked through the translation of, requires a minimum order of 10,000 ZL (about US$ 2,500)
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2016, 01:36 PM by chrisjo.)
Just from the quick scan of few pages there seems like there is no connection between Dumica and Tomica. Seems like it's just a polish knock-off of the blue track.

The tomica.pl domain is registered to a residential address. So possibly a home business. The same address is used for bunch of maternity related websites.

Let me know if you need anything specific translated.
We can get these no problem!!
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
(01-12-2016, 09:04 PM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: I can get these no problem!!

Are you going to get any Muddy?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
I think so..I like the black oneSmile
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
I like the black one too even though the headlights aren't where steam engine lights are I think. Wonder what the sounds are like.
Hey muddy, which website are you speaking to in English? I googled the brand but they all seem to be based in Poland or in the czech republic, the prices seem good to, the d3 deluxe set I was looking at looks to roughly be ~£16 which is less than a hyper city starter set, I'd be interested in buying a set just to see what it was like, it's not like they can be any worse quality than the trackmaster revolution!
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2016, 10:02 AM by Tramp.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Tramp's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super