A 2016 Plarail Ryan???

59 Replies, 74456 Views

On the Thomas the Tank Engine wiki they have listed a 2016 release of a Plarail Ryan.. I know they are usually very strict with accuracy and there is no speculation allowed on the site unless completely justified with very good reasons. Today, I checked it out, and apparently Ryan will be released in 2016 for the Plarail range with a truck and an unmotorised Skiff! Hope this is true.

Link:
Scroll down to 2016: http://ttte.wikia.com/wiki/Motor_Road_and_Rail#Engines

Maybe soon it will be time to send my TrackMaster Ryan packing. I'm honestly a little sad. He was my first Revolution engine, and a decent one!
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2016, 08:24 PM by Super.)
First of all thanks for the info but Jdogman mentioned this yesterday here http://www.blueplastictracks.com/showthr...9#pid15849 but isn't really confirmed by Plarail
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • ThomasFan3004, Ucwepn
My suggestion is to collect a few of the same character. I do it.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
(01-23-2016, 02:15 PM)ROKMAN1445 Wrote: My suggestion is to collect a few of the same character. I do it.

But, why? Not trying to come as rude or anything, and I do understand a spare might be handy, but I just don't understand collecting multiples of one character unless they'll be used for customizations or mods or crashing the market. *COUGH*amiibos*COUGH*
(01-23-2016, 04:51 PM)Miksolo Wrote: But, why? Not trying to come as rude or anything, and I do understand a spare might be handy, but I just don't understand collecting multiples of one character unless they'll be used for customizations or mods or crashing the market. *COUGH*amiibos*COUGH*

I think ROKMAN meant why would you throw out a perfectly good Revolution Ryan if you were to get a Plarail version?, and why not have multiples of characters of different makes?
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
(01-23-2016, 07:01 PM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: I think ROKMAN meant why would you throw out a perfectly good Revolution Ryan if you were to get a Plarail version?, and why not have multiples of characters of different makes?

I don't even use my Revolution Ryan a lot. I can only remember using it three times: for a test video, a stupid rushed Christmas video, and test running it when I first got it. While I do really like it, he doesn't run well on my layouts, consisting of only blue and brown track. I think it would be less costly to sell the Revolution version somewhere, and buy the Plarail version, which would require little to no modification as opposed to the Revolution Ryan.

As for having different makes, I can understand having different sizes and portrayals of the same character, and I actually would like doing that, but I've never considered TrackMaster and Motor Road & Rail to be different enough to collect both at the same time.
Adding in the fact that my parents are a little bit worried by me liking trains again, and the fact that they don't want me to spend money on two different ranges at a time, instead of just focusing on the one that I use more, simply makes collecting different brands difficult. I'll only beg my parents to buy me/let me buy a train of a different make if I really do have a good reason. For example, using Take-N-Play/Take Along narrow gauge engines because they're smaller than the Plarail/TrackMaster/Wooden Railway trains.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Miksolo's post:
  • Super
(01-23-2016, 07:01 PM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: I think ROKMAN meant why would you throw out a perfectly good Revolution Ryan if you were to get a Plarail version?, and why not have multiples of characters of different makes?

Exactly, Muddy! Miksolo, just put some weights in the cab and motor areas.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
[-] The following 2 users Like ROKMAN1445's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Here is a short, 11 second, video of the same picture of the ad that Jdogman posted in the other thread. Wish I knew what bigger video this was taken from as you can see Skiff and the yellow truck but Ryan must be behind the sign. Anyone recognize where this video might be from?

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I'll be grabbing a couple of these Smile
If only the Wikia would've had proper REFERENCES, right after new information like this, like on Wikipedia. Then again, when I built my Hebrew version, I declined my sudden helper, Nehorai's suggestion to create a reference template, all because they don't have them.

Anyway, I didn't think Plarail would ever make Thomas items ever again, once Mattel got the international rights. It is very nice to see there will be a Ryan.