Hiro vs. Hiro

14 Replies, 15387 Views

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
The only help I could give is that the Hiro we have that we defaced and upgraded the motor is the Mattel 2009 (Trackmaster?) has stickers for cab windows on the sides and no windows whatsoever facing forward, which makes it look cheap. The pictures you show looks to be cut out windows on the side with possible sticker windows facing forward which is much better looking.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Hi Geris I don't currently own a talking Plarail version but there are some things I dislike about the shape of the regular plarail version, the huge face and diameter of the boiler to contain a C size battery, The fake wheel formation which looks rushed and chopped up. I do like the actual shape of the functioning wheels.

I actually prefer the shape of the Trackmaster version of Hiro, The quality is decent apart from stickers here and there, the wheel formation looks good and the shape overall is much more like a D51. The best Hiro I have is the extremely rare Trackmaster talking flip face lost and found Hiro.

I usually prefer the Plarail versions for their looks and quality but not in this case, The talking plarail engines do look very interesting though and I would be tempted to grab a selection of them. I certainly run my Trackmaster Hiro allot and rarely run the Plarail version.

[Image: 20130620_102352.jpg]
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Geris, A bit about Hiro, He was brought over from Japan to run on sodor in the very early days of the railway and he was the most powerful loco at the time (this was before the fat controllers time). Hiro then began to break down often and become rather unreliable and as parts were not available to repair him at the time he was stored in a siding until he could get parts. Days, months then years passed and Hiro was long forgotten. A new owner of the railway appeared and he did not know about Hiro, One day Thomas happened upon him in a forest siding and then proceeded to gather parts to repair him in secret from all the other locomotives. When he was finally able to steam again he was a mismatch of multicolor parts and we know of him as patchwork Hiro in this condition. This story is one of the movies called Hero of the rails.

Patchwork Hiro is a great buy, Also the Hiro at the aquarium set is great value as it comes with 4-5 cars.

Sorry for the boring story just needed to be told as its the foundation of this loco and his different versions Big Grin

In my pic above closest to the camera is the lost and found Talking Trackmaster Hiro, next to him is the regular Trackmaster Hiro.
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Yes that particular group contains many feisty members and at times can be ruthless when they single someone out or get in an argument, I try and steer clear of all that and post collectables I find hehe. That toads adventure is one of the very newest release episodes from a new writer and animation studio and they are just superb, this year season 18 and last year season 17 are excellent and the best animated episodes so far, season 13-16 I feel are just awful, bad rhyming dialogue, bad story lines and bad animation at times.

The Tomy aquarium set is a made up set to my knowledge, I have no interest in going back through the bad seasons to see if its featured haha, The TTTEwiki is a great place to find out about the Thomas episodes, movies and toys with release variations.
one other thing with the plarail talking hiro, im fairly sure he speaks in japanese only, so pretty pointless unless you can understand him. i have a japanese talking thomas, and i cant understand a word he says. lol.

id love to get my hands on both patchwork hiro and the lost and found one chris has.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu