Dumica (Tomy Knockoff) Comparison Review

17 Replies, 18685 Views

(02-15-2021, 02:01 PM)Super Wrote: Really?....I was assuming that these were from China. There are many of these that are boxed under different company names so is Dumica a Polish company that may have bought these from China to sell under their brand?

That could be the case. I actually managed to find that this company is based in Warsaw. Also, I have a question: why do literally all knockoffs have the exact same weird sound chip and red flashing lights? Could it be because, like you said, that they all come from China and sent around all over the world?
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Super
LOL...if it weren't for the trains I would have thought the video was a Plarail/Tomy

Wish I could read Polish as I wonder if they say somewhere that they just import these from china and put their name on it like others do. Its just too coincidental that these sets resemble and sound just like other knockoffs from china that you see so many of especially on AliExpress. I would be curious if they actually manufacture these in Poland or not.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
From what I read about Dumica, It does not say anywhere where they are manufactured, although I would say China. They claim that the toys are "fun and educational". Something interesting thay I want to point out is look at the box design. It does not look like a typical knockoff box, it actually looks good not gonna lie.
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Super
Yes, the Dumica box is a lot prettier than the other Knockoff boxes. Much more professional.
The parent company is Dumel. On their website it says:

"DUMEL has been an importer of toys and accessories for children since 1999".
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
Thanks Dr Chris

Well there you go GGF...no need to be ashamed as it looks like this is not a product of Poland.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • GreatGordonFan
(02-15-2021, 07:01 PM)chrisjo Wrote: The parent company is Dumel. On their website it says:

"DUMEL has been an importer of toys and accessories for children since 1999".

Ohhhh, so that's where the brand name comes from
I thought it would be like a portmanteau of "Dumb" and "Tomica" which refers to Tomy knockoff in general, not a brand name
Hunting Shinkansen for life (but not at all costs) :>
[-] The following 1 user Likes HanoibusGamer's post:
  • Super
Thats an interesting take on the name Hano. I have not heard of theat angle...hmmm!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • HanoibusGamer