Silver Traction Rods :D

5 Replies, 10931 Views

Hey guys.

Just performed this mod yesterday after some.. remedial classes a while back at school.. and now I'm back once again. And school is over so, I decided to do this mod on my Thomas Tank Engines.

Spray painting their traction rods with chrome silver. They look so realistic Big Grin

[Image: WEovipo.jpg]
[Image: NDKwlFp.jpg]
[Image: 8Gcbcs7.jpg]

Oh yeah.. I removed the white paint on my 1992 TOMY Thomas because.. I won't get confused by the 2012/2014 of the latest version.
[-] The following 5 users Like FinnTDKMC's post:
  • ActionChugger, DalaGStanator, HankAmericanEngine, ripley802, Super
Nice work Finn.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • FinnTDKMC
Your Japanese version of Thomas looks even better with the black spokes and silver siderods!
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • FinnTDKMC
How do you paint the spokes without anything else? I don't think I can cut masking tape thin enough to cover the right parts!
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
Since it is so smooth, it doesn't look like a permanent marker either. My theory is that he painted the wheels all black but scraped off the paint from the rims, spokes and siderod holders.
(03-23-2016, 10:33 AM)Miksolo Wrote: How do you paint the spokes without anything else? I don't think I can cut masking tape thin enough to cover the right parts!

It's simple. I just use a black felt-tip marker

It doesn't matter if I mess up the loco's rims.. :3