PlaRail and Lego?

7 Replies, 7626 Views

The other day it occured to me I've not yet seen anyone combining Lego with PlaRail. I can understand this in Japan as it seems from the auctions out there that Lego is as expensive as some PlaRail is over here. But I see no excuse for it in the UK and USA as lego is easily available at very reasonable prices.

What I'm thinking of is custom built stations, engine sheds, bridges and other similar railway type structures. I reckon the scale would work quite well together and with the massive range of unusual bricks these days it should be possible to create quite realistic, yet PlaRail type buildings at the same time.

Add in using lego minifigures alongside the PlaRail people and bingo!!

Anyone else thought of or done this yet?!?
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
I use lego minifigures alongside plakids, tomica, and plarail all the time! I literally have 7 plakids, and even less have seen the sunlight out of storage, so Lego all the way! Making other structures to fit both plarail and lego minifigures is hard, though.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
Aren't the PlaKids and Lego Minifigs about the same height? I know the lego minifigs are more yankee (i.e. fatter Smile) but otherwise I thought they would be about the same scale lol
(04-13-2016, 09:07 PM)Nigels Wrote: Aren't the PlaKids and Lego Minifigs about the same height?
they are off by maybe a half-centimeter, which if about a half of a foot for their size.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
(04-13-2016, 08:55 PM)Nigels Wrote: The other day it occured to me I've not yet seen anyone combining Lego with PlaRail. I can understand this in Japan as it seems from the auctions out there that Lego is as expensive as some PlaRail is over here. But I see no excuse for it in the UK and USA as lego is easily available at very reasonable prices.

What I'm thinking of is custom built stations, engine sheds, bridges and other similar railway type structures. I reckon the scale would work quite well together and with the massive range of unusual bricks these days it should be possible to create quite realistic, yet PlaRail type buildings at the same time.

Add in using lego minifigures alongside the PlaRail people and bingo!!

Anyone else thought of or done this yet?!?

I've surely thought of it, but I don't have enough LEGO pieces to make a decent building. One time about two years ago I tried building a house out of LEGO bricks, and, from the outside it looked like a random box of colors. Also, the closest thing I can think of that HAS been done is LEGO with Wooden Railway... Enterprisingengine93 uses LEGO bricks and vehicles from existing sets to create new characters in his series, and make walls and buildings for the backgrounds.
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
Sunhuntin uses Lego buildings in the Displays for the clubs open houses and uses quite a lot of them in Xmas Plarail displays. There also was a member here a while back that was making risers that worked pretty well out of legos.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • sunhuntin
Risers are an excellent idea and ideally suited to Lego I would say, I'll have to give it a go at some point Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
ive not made custom lego stations etc, but combine lego with tomy/trackmaster every christmas.

click the christmas photos in the link to see examples Smile
http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/s...youts.html
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • ActionChugger, Nigels