Talk n Action "American Accent" James

21 Replies, 20724 Views

(04-19-2016, 09:26 AM)plarnold Wrote: @ripley802,

That is an NPN transistor (8050S) that is used in the train to amplify the audio signals for the speaker.

-plarnold

Thanks for that. Odd that this would prevent the motor from coming on? Sound was fine. Maybe there was a short or something in it possibly?
OK. Maybe it was used to control the motor. There are many uses for transistors and the most common one for that type is for driving small speakers.

-plarnold
[-] The following 1 user Likes plarnold's post:
  • Super
(04-19-2016, 10:24 AM)plarnold Wrote: OK. Maybe it was used to control the motor. There are many uses for transistors and the most common one for that type is for driving small speakers.

-plarnold

Thanks. Yeah, all I know is that it was a pain to get desoldered. And it was the last thing I tried. Just thankful that I had a couple "British" accent versions laying around in parts. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • Super
Ok. I will admit this is not the best way to do this, but I think this gives a better overview of the voice and the phrases that are said.

Basically I took off one of the wires to the circuit board for the motor. I then put a set of wheels (sorry these are Thomas, did not have black wheels with no gear) that would allow the wheels to move when the engine was in the on position. Of course this is not the prettiest but it gives an insight too into how much is going on in these engines. To me this is clearly Alec Baldwin. Thoughts?

http://s300.photobucket.com/user/dawsona...d.mp4.html
[-] The following 2 users Like ripley802's post:
  • DalaGStanator, sunhuntin
Not sure if thats Baldwin or not. Some sound like him some don't.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
That's George Carlin. I can tell by the fact that he is a little raspier in his tone.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROKMAN1445's post:
  • DalaGStanator
(04-20-2016, 11:07 PM)ROKMAN1445 Wrote: That's George Carlin. I can tell by the fact that he is a little raspier in his tone.

Hmm. Yeah I still think he clearly sounds like Alec. Big Grin
Any other thoughts on the voice? Muddy, what are your thoughts? Is it him?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Alec Baldwin is credited as having voiced the American version...it is clearly not the British or Japanese version, so it can ONLY be Alec Baldwin's voice we are hearing.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • DalaGStanator, ripley802
I though that George voiced the English episodes and Micheal Angelis did the British ones.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive.