New type packaging box for the Plarail Evangelion

52 Replies, 45074 Views

(06-21-2016, 08:36 PM)sunhuntin Wrote: i wonder if that new box means they will be releasing a few in this range?

the window cutout is different to those on the disney dream boxes. the bullet trains have the same angle on the corner, but are longer. it seems odd to make a new style for just one release.

I would bet the Star Wars Nankai Rapi:t will be in this style box with Star Wars branding, another definitely on my shopping list once someone lists it Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
you could well be right, there. maybe licensed sets based off real trains will come like that.

has the presale for star wars started on hobby search? im no fan of the franchise, but i must get it. the kids will love it!!
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • ripley802, Super
(06-21-2016, 09:05 PM)sunhuntin Wrote: you could well be right, there. maybe licensed sets based off real trains will come like that.

has the presale for star wars started on hobby search? im no fan of the franchise, but i must get it. the kids will love it!!

I second that. I must get the Star Wars one. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • Super
I hope there are more Eva types in this series, this unit 001 is the test type, unit 000 is the prototype (in 2 different liveries no less, orange then blue), unit 002 is the first production model and is red. then there are subsequent units I think up to 20 or so. Unit 001 is the star of the series though so maybe that will be all they release.

[-] The following 3 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, sunhuntin, Super
(06-21-2016, 10:21 PM)Ucwepn Wrote: I hope there are more Eva types in this series, this unit 001 is the test type, unit 000 is the prototype (in 2 different liveries no less, orange then blue), unit 002 is the first production model and is red. then there are subsequent units I think up to 20 or so. Unit 001 is the star of the series though so maybe that will be all they release.

Doubtful, although it would be cool to see. The EVA Shinkansen will exit service next year and will likely be returned to it's original livery or retired.

As an Evangelion fan, there are definitely less than 20 units. The numbering gets complicated as you get into the Units exclusive to the new movies.

http://evangelion.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Evangelions
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trainfanz's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
So what are the Eva trains in the cartoon? Are they transformer type characters or just transport for the 'heroes'?

Another I'd like to see added to what may become a franchise series would be the Gundam Nankai Rapi:t (yes that was a real one too Big Grin)...
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
The Eva train does not exist in any of the movies or show. It's just a promotional train. Likely to sell merchandise because nobody knows the release date for the next film.

Director Hideaki Anno is currently working on the upcoming Godzilla film.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trainfanz's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
Yeah in end of evangelion or death and rebirth (can't remember which) they completed the eva series and there was a heap of those white units. The new movies aren't great if I'm honest I much prefer the show and early movies for their story but the new ones have fantastic animation.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, Nigels
Wow the printing on this train is gorgeous!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gerisplarail1's post:
  • Super