Konami 'DigiQ Train'

12 Replies, 16722 Views

Ok folks, I was just wondering if any of you guys out there have any experience of the Konami 'DigiQ Trains' which were originally launched around 2002?

If you're wondering it's the usual story, I purchased a 'job lot' of train stuff from a Jauce auction (well through From Japan actually but that's not important) and among the other stuff I scored a bunch of this system, all brand new/un-used. Trouble is all the documentation is in japanese lol!

I've sort of managed to work out a lot of it due to the illustrations and a bit of cunning guesswork, but i was wondering if anyone out there has any specific knowledge of this system and specifically how you program the ID/Number of each individual train?!?

Cheers, Nigel
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
A quick Google search brings up this which appears to have an english manual: http://microir.konami.jp/combat/english/
[Image: gRR83EM.png]
(06-25-2016, 03:48 PM)sinkillerj Wrote: A quick Google search brings up this which appears to have an english manual: http://microir.konami.jp/combat/english/

Funny you should say that, I just found it myself, don't know why I didn't the first time round Smile

Thanks though!!
are they the cute short trains that are RC and can steer on a flat surface but also run on N scale track? I remember those if so Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ucwepn's post:
  • Nigels
(06-26-2016, 12:13 AM)Ucwepn Wrote: are they the cute short trains that are RC and can steer on a flat surface but also run on N scale track? I remember those if so Smile

You're thinking of Q-Trains. Very similar name!
(06-26-2016, 12:13 AM)Ucwepn Wrote: are they the cute short trains that are RC and can steer on a flat surface but also run on N scale track? I remember those if so Smile

As Trainfanz mentioned I think you're thinking of the Tomy Q-Trains, I've got some of them as well - or at least QT-01 thru QT-06 I've not seen any others yet. Although I didn't know they ran on standard N Gauge track that would be interesting to try Smile

No the Konami DigiQ's are way more sophisticated. The trains themselves are about the size of the Shorty B trains made by Bandai, but thats where the similarilties end as they are fully constructed, just as detailed, but the motor car contains an IR receiver and a built in NiMh battery. These power cars can be plugged into a dock on the controller and then charged as well as have the controller ID and channel programmed into each individually.

As each controller can be set to 1 of 4 ID's and then has 10 available channels for trains (not to mention the same for points) it means with 4 controllers you can potentially control up to 40 individual trains. The controller also has a stepless analogue speed control meaning you can make the train move away slowly and build up speed as well as a forward and backward options.

The controllers can be powered either by 4 x C cells making the whole system totally portable of power or alternatively by an AC adaptor that plugs in the side.

The track is comparable to Trackmaster in that it has built in roadbed so looks a bit more realistic than say Blue Track, you get the usual straights, curves, points (both manual and powered), cross-overs as well as some scenery type items like station platforms etc...

Overall its a wonderful and very sophisticated system Big Grin

If wanted I'll post some pics and who knows maybe even a video if i get time to do one Smile
Until I can do some of my own stuff here's a vid I found on YouTube;

While searching the internet, I discovered there was (or was going to be) A DigiQ Thomas Range!

[Image: img.jpg]

[Image: tetu05.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Trainfanz's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Nigels
Interesting you mention that Trainfanz, I've actually seen a few Konami Thomas loco's on the auctions but never made the connection that they are or could be DigiQ's. I'll have to have a search and a closer look Big Grin
OMG these trains are sooooooooooooo 可愛い! Excuse my Japanese, I said that they are really cute.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive.