Another RARE set?

14 Replies, 11227 Views

Here is another one that seems like it could be rare based on the price, or maybe the seller is just asking a crazy price? I don't think I have seen this one before though.

https://www.jauce.com/auction/h233860306

Only 100,000¥!!!!

[Image: sssksyss-img600x337-1469862444ribxkw20998.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like ripley802's post:
  • DalaGStanator, fred16850
Neat find Ripley. I am wondering though if its all original parts as the Description alludes to different components, different contents. Unless there is something lost in translation for that price I would want all original pieces confirmed. Also curious as to the station platform. There seems to be something unusual in the place where normally there would be a tree on other stations. Wonder what it is. Could it be representing one of those mail rings (can't remember the exact name) If it is then that is the first one that I have seen...I think.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, ripley802
@Super,

That's a railway token. Railways used it to check whether a section of track was being used or not. Good old signalling tools!

-plarnold
[-] The following 2 users Like plarnold's post:
  • DalaGStanator, ripley802
This would be pretty rare. Henry was the second Plarail Thomas engine made so this set would have been around 1993.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jdogman's post:
  • DalaGStanator
@Plarnold
Thanks for the name of the railway token, I know we have discussed the real ones here at BPT quite a while ago. Do you know if this Wellsworth Station is the only Tomy or Plarail with this?

@Jdogman
Thank you. Interesting, even more reason that the set would include the original Henry and not a replacement.
@Super,

I am not sure. This set was made in 1993.

-plarnold
[-] The following 1 user Likes plarnold's post:
  • Super
I'm pretty sure Sunhuntin has this set?!?!
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
That price and you don't even get a Thomas despite him being on the cover picture lol!
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
thats a neat set, and the fact it comes with a tablet holder [the kiwi version of track clearance] is even better. i dont have one, but wish i did, just for that!

i love the old style artwork on these boxes.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
(08-09-2016, 07:54 PM)sunhuntin Wrote: tablet holder [the kiwi version of track clearance]

What is a tablet holder???