Blue Motorized coach (Mighty Mac like)

26 Replies, 18508 Views

I hope that one of our experts would help with this as its very interesting.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Too much sun maybe? How old is the coach?
Here's a pic from underneath. It's dated 2005.
One thing to note is that it says Gullane (Thomas) limited so it is from the Thomas range. And the plastic is yellow, not cream.
[Image: image.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like HIROD51's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, sunhuntin, Ucwepn, WoodWheel92
Looks interesting. We lost our Mighty-Mac coach, so i usually portray him pulling Harvey's breakdown train.

Also, this is the first TOMY thing i've seen with TRIANGLE screws!
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2016, 01:06 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MunchJrTrains's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
I cannot identify this at all. I'd have thought it came from a short-lived TrackMaster set by HiT Toy Company if you hadn't told me it was marked Tomy, so that only makes it a Motor Road and Rail item. I know there have been some unusual releases and compilations in the range both in the US and UK but all I could think is that it's a factory error.
[-] The following 2 users Like jdogman's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, ripley802
That is a good hunch Jdogman!!
If it is, it's the greatest mistake ever!!
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • ripley802
If it is a factory error there would have to have been three painting errors, Blue instead of green, yellow instead of white and a painted roof which isn't on the green Mac coach. I have seen this version before but I think only in the Japan auction Lots. What makes this so much more interesting than just the colors is that it is a motorized coach meant to push a non-powered engine which is evident by bulky hooked coupling which should limit the choices of what it came with....Chuggington? Another point that may add to the detective work is that the engine is most likely not tendered since pushing both a tender car and an engine might prove to be problematic. So maybe we narrow it down to diesels or tank engines? Also might there have been a piece of equipment this pushed like a crane car or something?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins
(09-17-2016, 02:45 AM)Super Wrote: If it is a factory error there would have to have been three painting errors, Blue instead of green, yellow instead of white and a painted roof which isn't on the green Mac coach. I have seen this version before but I think only in the Japan auction Lots. What makes this so much more interesting than just the colors is that it is a motorized coach meant to push a non-powered engine which is evident by bulky hooked coupling which should limit the choices of what it came with....Chuggington?

Too old for Chuggington, also,TOMY got the brand in 2012, and this is dated 2005.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2016, 03:30 AM by MunchJrTrains.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MunchJrTrains's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Funny Super I just came on because I realized the painted roof makes it impossible for it to be a mistake!!
Lol...and yes too old for Chuggington I believe, so where did it come from? Lol
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
Okay it might not be a factory error. You guys make it difficult for yourselves though. The owner of the item comes from the US and can't remember what it came with. It can only be a Motor Road and Rail item or a TrackMaster item from 2007 as some brand new items were released straightaway into TrackMaster packs with the old licensing information underneath. It could be more likely from a release of Mighty Mac or Fearless Freddie. Sometimes we've seen long period releases with minute changes in contents that pass most of us by.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jdogman's post:
  • MuddyPoppins