How do you display your trains

32 Replies, 20040 Views

hobby search sells the yellow boxes the cheapest. However you can only buy up to 2.
All of mine live in tubs when off the layout, no displays lol
[-] The following 4 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • ActionChugger, sunhuntin, Super, Tharazero1
I like putting my trains on my desk or bookshelf.
[-] The following 3 users Like MunchJrTrains's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1, Ucwepn
I just put mine in drawer
You Know Your Keeping It Real When Your Working With Steel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I keep my trains mainly in buckets, but I do have a shelf and desk to hold them for the time being.
Super, when I saw your pictures, I thought of my TOMY/Plarail heaven, and that didn't even get that good. A whole room dedicated to that stuff is what I need.

Idea Ok, now I have developed a 3 phase plan to have a room like Super's;
PHASE 1: Clean out/up old train room. This older train room was dedicated to my model trains and is located on the third floor of my house. I just have to clean it because the last time I ran a train in there was 2013. I also need to move the huge 4 by 8 foot table in the middle and add place to store my model trains, and move the disgusting carpet Let's say that bleach and Clorox doesn't remove a dog's accidents.

PHASE 2: Move in my TOMY/Plarail, and find more items to decorate the room. It would be nice to have a clock and a few other pieces of railroad memorbellia(I hope I spelled that right) in there, like books and signs.

PHASE 3:Enjoy what I've done. I only included this phase because it's at least been 10 hours of work towards this project.

Like it? Any suggestions?
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2016, 08:14 PM by ROKMAN1445.)
[Image: huge-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Don't forget to come back with some pictures for us, maybe even a before and after.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Sure, I can do that. I can post the before pic in a day or two, I still have a life outside of the internet.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2020, 03:07 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROKMAN1445's post:
  • Super
Like us all Rokman, like us all!
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Money don't grow on trees! Except for Nigel "Mr Moneybags" lol

I gotta work in order to pay for the train collection Dodgy
Evan Almighty and His Train Collection
[Image: banner12.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2020, 03:08 PM by Super.)
Memorabilia.

Looking forward to the room. Smile

-plarnold
[-] The following 1 user Likes plarnold's post:
  • Super