Powerful "Angry" Gordon - signs other than face?

33 Replies, 24353 Views

Hello All. Quick question. Are there any differences between the Plarail Powerful "Angry" face Gordon cosmetically compared to say a regular Plarail Gordon?

I recently won a Gordon from the Japan auctions which I was hoping to be an Angry Gordon but the face is not shown. You can sort of see it to the side but not real well. So I was curious if there were any other give away signs or if they are identical other wise?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • DalaGStanator
Yes, I believe there is. Check out Powerful Gordon Mike's pictorial here at BPT. I beleive he says the biggest tell of whether it is a true Powerful Gordon is looking through the side cab windows. If you see weights then it is the real thing unless of course its one of his well done remakes. http://www.blueplastictracks.com/showthread.php?tid=748
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, ripley802
there should be rod weights barely visible through the cab windows and the font of the 4 on the tender.

Edit: looking through my pics all Plarail Gordon have the same font for the tender number so no help there, and the weights in the cab are very hard to spot in photos.

Sadly mine fell off the layout and broke the tender so I will need to replace that soon.

[-] The following 2 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Ouch!
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Thanks guys.. Yeah I don't have much to go on right now, but was only a few hundred yen so I took a shot. Here is a pic.
[Image: tanuki_hide-img600x450-147615901401iiyj1963.jpg]
  • Super
Was this the photo from the Japan auctions, where the face was not visible? The cab weights are also not visible in the same image.
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • ripley802, Super
looking at the load on the flatdeck, im going to hazard a guess this is more recent, possibly early trackmaster? not sure if tomy ever had that flatdeck, but being plarail i could well be wrong.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • ripley802, Super
(10-17-2016, 09:23 AM)DalaGStanator Wrote: Was this the photo from the Japan auctions, where the face was not visible? The cab weights are also not visible in the same image.

Yeah this is a photo directly from the auction. After hearing about the cab weights and being able to tell from that I was a bit more excited but still have doubts this is a Powerful Gordon.

(10-17-2016, 09:33 AM)sunhuntin Wrote: looking at the load on the flatdeck, im going to hazard a guess this is more recent, possibly early trackmaster? not sure if tomy ever had that flatdeck, but being plarail i could well be wrong.

I was thinking definitely Plarail based on the white deck of Gordon. The seller also had some additional items that seemed mixed up (i.e..stuff that did not go together) as well.

On a side note - I did win 6 x red express coaches and 3 x green express coaches from the same seller.
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2016, 09:47 AM by ripley802.)
[-] The following 2 users Like ripley802's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
white running plate and the blue smokebox supports means it is definitely plarail

[-] The following 2 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • ripley802, Super
I just noticed too for the one I am getting g there is the black heat shrink tube in the coupler, which seems to not be on the PG one, although it may have been added later, etc...
  • Super