What did you do to your trains today?

575 Replies, 577789 Views

(08-22-2020, 04:23 AM)Tharazero1 Wrote: As a kid I saw this video on Youtube on how to put a front coupling on engines, so as a kid I tried to do that with my Percy but I didn't have any files or sandpaper so I didn't get very far. Now I finally decided to complete the mod, and with the help of a file and sandpaper it made it much easier to do it and I think it turned out great!

I also did another mod to Percy, by putting tin foil on the motor battery terminal, and putting the battery in backwards it will make Percy run backwards, which is what I wanted to do when I originally thought of modifying Percy.

Thanks for the memories! I knew exactly what video you meant since I watched it around the same time. Great to see it's still up on the original channel (TooMuchThomas). They were one of my favourite T&F channels due to the large, splendid public layouts they built, with genius features like an incline powered by a Gordon at the end and a powered turntable made from a record player. All their authentic props and details made it clear they watched many episodes of the actual show very carefully, so anyone who's binged it has something to recognize there. They even made a fan episode called "Shrink Fatty" which is too funny to miss.

Anyway, you did a perfect job by leaving a seamless cut without any damage. It would've been much better if they were made with front couplings like the ugly Push Along ones have. Maybe an easier way to do it in our time would be to use Adventures/Collectible Railway couplings (they're compatible and much smaller/don't need modifications to install). P.S., I spotted your Daisy in the background; If you haven't shown her before, please do so when you have the time.
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2020, 12:18 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Tharazero1

Messages In This Thread
What did you do to your trains today? - by Ucwepn - 05-19-2014, 06:31 AM
RE: What did you do to your trains today? - by DalaGStanator - 08-22-2020, 09:59 AM