What did you do to your trains today?

575 Replies, 578124 Views

[Image: icon_eek.gif] No. No way this is going to be the first (known???) custom Thomas item that uses its own personalised soundchip. With all the wonderful advancements in recordable sound modules like EZSound, did no other customisers ever look into it before? An all new sound module connected to an original TnA speaker is neat in its own right, but a microcontroller that recognises TOMY's codes and assigns phrases to them?! That's the incredible part. Say, did any of this knowledge come from an electronics or computers class, or did someone you know IRL help you out? Either way, this got me excited for the future of customs with features that only companies normally know the secrets to. Here's hoping you'll find boards that would be small enough to fit in engines or even other vehicles. Historical.

BTW, it took me a while to decipher what S.C. Ruffey says in the demo; for those who can't tell, he says "I'm coming apart!" and sings the chorus of "Pop Goes Old Ollie". Unlike Diesel 10 with Splatter and Dodge, will he also say Toad's lines in addition to his own? Toad holds the batteries, so he wouldn't be able to have a separate module.
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2020, 02:13 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • DuckGWR, Super

Messages In This Thread
What did you do to your trains today? - by Ucwepn - 05-19-2014, 06:31 AM
RE: What did you do to your trains today? - by DalaGStanator - 11-23-2020, 11:44 AM