"Belle" to the Rescue

4 Replies, 7825 Views

Well I got completely side tracked on my last project I started for "Finding Nory" but I am hoping I can get this one complete. So after doing some recent downsizing as some of you might be aware of, I had a Belle that had some issues. I probably could have sold it for a bit but decided a custom may be in order.

Her face was almost completely gone (worn off) and the top was very scratched. Here are a few pics of the start of the project. I took a smoke box door and cut it down as Belle's face opening is quite smaller than the normal engines. I then added a headlamp to her. Finally I drilled a few holes on the cab which will be for a pair flashing red led's. I am planning on adding a connected battery car and then the regular Belle rescue car. Let me know if you have any thoughts or suggestions. Hopefully more soon. (Sorry for the clutter - work bench is getting messy)

[Image: 9_D3_D687_A-382_A-4641-9363-77_C0_EA2_BF...rae56r.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like ripley802's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super, WoodWheel92
Very cool, I like the ideas and the red flashing lights should look really good. Too bad you couldn't get some inside the water cannons and change them into machine guns. Big Grin
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, ripley802, WoodWheel92
(12-15-2016, 11:11 PM)Super Wrote: Very cool, I like the ideas and the red flashing lights should look really good. Too bad you couldn't get some inside the water cannons and change them into machine guns. Big Grin

Yeah I initially was going to see if I could pop them out and put the lights there but decided otherwise, they probably would have looked cool there though too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • Super
From the title, I was expecting her to be repainted yellow with a brown smokebox to look like Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Unlike the TrackMaster version, Belle has two red lamps on her running board in the show. If only they included them so you could've wired the LEDs down there instead. I can also see a Flynn in the background. Has anything been done to him yet, or is he next on the list? Also, you should've repainted the roof or removed the rest of the black.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • ripley802
(12-16-2016, 12:35 PM)DalaGStanator Wrote: From the title, I was expecting her to be repainted yellow with a brown smokebox to look like Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Unlike the TrackMaster version, Belle has two red lamps on her running board in the show. If only they included them so you could've wired the LEDs down there instead. I can also see a Flynn in the background. Has anything been done to him yet, or is he next on the list? Also, you should've repainted the roof or removed the rest of the black.

Good eyes. Yes I have plans for Flynn next. It is a talking Flyn so having the extra battery should help out a bit with the lighting.
And yeas I plan on reprinting the roof. The LEDs are not installed only a dry fit right now.
[-] The following 2 users Like ripley802's post:
  • DalaGStanator, WoodWheel92