What is this Thomas Set?

26 Replies, 29603 Views

Hi there everyone, I am wanted to ask everyone something. Does anyone know what this item is? It was listed as a Plarail set on Jauce.com, and the station building looks like it is compatible with the Ffarquhar/Tidmouth station. Does anyone know any information about this item and what is its name?

Link: http://www.jauce.com/auction/d213257598

Regards
I had seen that listing and thought the station looked cool but my guess its an insanely priced knockoff. I don't read Japanese but I don't see Tomy or Plarail on the box nor do I see mention of it in the title or description. The Thomas train, to me, does not look like a Plarail, Tomy train to me. More like a take and play or pull and go. I could be wrong, but my guess is knockoff but I would be interested in other members views on this especially ones that can read Japanese. In the Title and the lower right corner of the box is the word "Pilot" which is probably the maker.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • B'Station Official, MuddyPoppins
(12-27-2016, 04:48 AM)Super Wrote: I had seen that listing and thought the station looked cool but my guess its an insanely priced knockoff. I don't read Japanese but I don't see Tomy or Plarail on the box nor do I see mention of it in the title or description. The Thomas train, to me, does not look like a Plarail, Tomy train to me. I could be wrong, but my guess is knockoff but I would be interested in other members views on this. In the Title and the lower right corner of the box is the word "Pilot" which is probably the maker.

Yes it seems to be a knockoff of the illustrious Pilot Corp.(lol I've never heard of), and also depicts NO BLUE TRACK anywhere on the box, as far as I could see?
It looks like it might run on Tomy track, but there are faint lines of a layout the doesn't look blue in one of the photos, so I don't know if I'd personally take the chance on a knockoff for that price.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • B'Station Official
(12-27-2016, 04:58 AM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: Yes it seems to be a knockoff of the illustrious Pilot Corp.(lol I've never heard of), and also depicts NO BLUE TRACK anywhere on the box, as far as I could see?
It looks like it might run on Tomy track, but there are faint lines of a layout the doesn't look blue in one of the photos, so I don't know if I'd personally take the chance on a knockoff for that price.

Thank you for the reply! Big Grin Its a shame its a knockoff, it certainly does have some nice pieces that could work with a TOMY layout. And the price is not worth it, as it is a knockoff.
for that price, i doubt its a fake.

looking the the "tracks" on the back, could it be one of those that follows a line drawn by a specific marker? ive never heard of pilot, though.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
(12-27-2016, 05:55 AM)sunhuntin Wrote: for that price, i doubt its a fake.

looking the the "tracks" on the back, could it be one of those that follows a line drawn by a specific marker? ive never heard of pilot, though.
Oooh..Sunhuntin I think YOU are correct!!!
I had never heard of such a set with a pen reading technology, so I went back to look again for a pen image, and there may be a pen shown on the top of the box in one of the photos...ALSO It has a HiT logo on the packaging, so YES!! I think it is legit! Sold strictly for the Japanese market. It is most likely priced right too.
THIS is one of great things about this site!!!Smile
Thank you!!Smile
  • B'Station Official
To me it doesn't look like a knock off, and I'm aware that this product has had western releases.
[-] The following 2 users Like jdogman's post:
(12-27-2016, 06:12 AM)jdogman Wrote: To me it doesn't look like a knock off, and I'm aware that this product has had western releases.
It looks like the Thomas might be a bit smaller than a Plarail?
I can't imagine that the price is only for the station, tunnel and features bnib, but in reading the discription it says, "vehicle sold separately"... It might just be a translation error, but without more info about what is supposed to be inside, and with no way to ask questions, it's is a tough call for that much money... Be careful, and good luck!!Smile
  • B'Station Official
the box also shows percy, so could have been an accessory kit? the items i know of came with a plastic mat that was wipe clean so you could draw, erase and re-draw. i have seen lightning mcqueen ones as well.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
The link does not work for me. Please post an image of it.