Plarail Super Hikari Set - Remote Controlled

18 Replies, 15528 Views

I am currently bidding on two lots on eBay which one has the train and the other has the box and track. There is no controller though.. Undecided
[Image: 6A2463D3-4B7C-40D5-911B-09BA38F79CDC_zpslzck7b5x.jpeg]

I did manage to find one on Jauce which looks similar, what are your thoughts?
[Image: pumeru1228-img600x450-14830995133wnnvu21956.jpg]

Anyone know the name of this set or anymore info?

**Edit - updated the thread title. Thanks UCWepn and Super..
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • DalaGStanator
Was it this one?

Plarail Supermarket Hikari Set Himari rare item
http://www.jauce.com/auction/b242604147
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • ripley802
That looks like the same one, yes.
What is odd for me was in the photo on the box the controller lever/shifter seems to be white but the controller I found it looks grey, but other than that they see to be the same. I am working with the eBay seller to try and make sure I get these before I bid on the controller. Last thing I want I do is end up with the controller, Pay the shipping and fees then lose the train and box.. Dodgy
Someone nice on facebook translated the box for me as "Super Hikari set"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 2 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • ripley802, Super
Maybe its just a photographic issue. If you look at the pictures below of that new box in the Jauce listing, the back of the box's picture makes the lever look white but in the front of the boxes clear window, the actual lever is grey. BTW...thats a nice set, always wanted one.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • ripley802
The train, track, and box are on the way. Now I just need to secure the remote. I will have some repairs on the battery terminals but should be able to ge it going.
  • Super
Got the train and the box today. All of the parts and accessories are intact and the train looks to be in decent condition. I checked out the terminals which look good. Waiting to hopefully get the remote tomorrow from The Japan auctions. Pictures of the set assembled in a few minutes.

The box is in terrible condition. Undecided

[Image: 8D2B6C55-9859-4C77-B1E9-C78481D6454E_zpsecxphywr.jpg]
[Image: 113DFF1E-24CE-47C9-8623-8DEAAC7CD855_zps7210qpao.jpg]
[Image: 711995D8-3DB0-45A5-AC14-9E8260170CCE_zpslhkzkynx.jpg]
[Image: C3773D43-DDE8-4ACD-854D-62CDB41D3B6E_zpsprwqqsbw.jpg]
[Image: 492F8E35-2F8D-405E-A4FD-313D70029081_zpsavhu5bgj.jpg]
[Image: 911AD0F2-9F71-4351-A0A8-FF49E60E39AE_zpsdya512dp.jpg]
[Image: C9F6F544-BF3B-4B33-959D-5C70EB5B5316_zpsgrdch5c3.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2017, 12:10 AM by ripley802.)
[-] The following 2 users Like ripley802's post:
  • DalaGStanator, sunhuntin
Now this looks to be a very awesome set (not only the set, but the train itself. One of the nicest looking Plarail bullet trains I remember seeing. Pity it's just a permanent 3 car setup and can't be coupled to anything). I'm also getting many questions just from seeing the images. Prepare for a great big potential nuisance, because here one comes [Image: icon_neutral.gif].

First, did you receive the controller, and is it similar to Mr. Motorman? From the box, it appears to share some similarities like the brake (?) and throttle design. Second, does the train really come with working lights, or is it really just an effect on the box to attract more buyers? I hope they look good when they come on. Third, the set looks like it has overhead lines. If that's what they're supposed to be, then I've never seen them in Plarail before. What other sets are they available in? Strange seeing them in a set that doesn't have a train that's meant to have pantographs IRL. If that building is a station, then it's very odd looking. Fourth, what kind of batteries does the train use, and does it still run? It shall be interesting to see how this train works.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • ripley802
Thanks. Yes this was a very cool set and I had to have it. Aside from the box being just a complete mess it looks to be in nice condition too. The controller was not with the set. I asked the seller but they could not find it anywhere. That said, I did find one on the Japan auctions which ends tomorrow to aopefully I can snag that. It has corrosion on he battery terminals but is fixable I am sure.

As for the train, the connectors are actually that drew me to the listing initially. Since they are TnA style connectors I was intrigued. I agree it is a nice looking train and I haven't looked at it too much yet but it looks to operate similarly to the other remote train I recently picked up which has a camera, etc... I will have a closer look soon and post back. It does look to have working headlights though.

Not sure on the building/station, but maybe someone can translate the banner it has? Also it does look to be overhead lines that it comes with but I am not sure what other sets may come with these.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2017, 03:52 PM by Super.)
  • DalaGStanator