Plarail talk n' action diesel 10 problem

39 Replies, 36624 Views

So, i own one of these rare things and it has worked fine for a while but i checked on it recently after not using it for a while and it was fine in terms of turning on and off and battery voice functions but the 2 back wheels refuse to run the engine.
Any suggestions?
(UPDATE): I have discovered the source of the problem, Its a Shot motor.
Ripley can you send a video showing how to swap it? Or do you think its best that I mail it to you and let you swap it?
[-] The following 2 users Like ItsWAWGaming's post:
  • ripley802, Super
(02-04-2017, 12:48 AM)ItsWAWGaming Wrote: So, i own one of these rare things and it has worked fine for a while but i checked on it recently after not using it for a while and it was fine in terms of turning on and off and battery voice functions but the 2 back wheels refuse to run the engine.
Any suggestions?

Hey there, welcome to the forms. I happen to have several TnA engines and really enjoy fixing and repairing them. I have had probably almost every issue that I can think possible and so far have had pretty good success with being able to repair them to be in working order.

I had a similar issue with a TnA James which happened to be a small piece on the circuit board that needed replaced. Hopefully that is not the case with your D10.

Out of curiosity have you tried fresh batteries? I have seen some odd issues where it will start to talk/move then stop and it was batteries that were partially drained. It may also be a bad motor, or maybe something lodged in the axel cog. Any other symptoms that it has? Noises, clicks, etc...?

Look forward to helping..
No, Just simply it acting as if you flipped the white switch (which locks the free wheeling pulling around ability up so that the electronic and motor can run the wheels) And then turn splatter on he talks and then plays the moving sound but yet it acts as if it has had just the white switch on D10 flipped even though its completely turned on.

it can't be axel clog because it moves around fine when you have the white switch on d10 not on.
So you could be right about the motor but also the circuit board, i hope not.
Could you open yours up (D10) and send me pictures of his area? like circuit thing so i can see what might be not right compared to when i just opened up mine?
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2017, 01:30 AM by ItsWAWGaming.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsWAWGaming's post:
  • ripley802
It sounds like the motor may be bad/dead or possibly (hopefully not) a component issue on the circuit board. I must warn you, these are extremely finicky and can be some of the most difficult to work on. The bad thing is sometime since these are so rare, there are not parts you can just buy off the store shelf so you have to take caution.

I am always willing to help out and have assisted members before with repairs. If you want to send me a PM we can discuss if you would like for me to repair it for you. I did recently win a Japan auction that had just the D10, no Splatter and the D10 arm is broken, had a yellow face, and is in bad shape, but the internals are good.

Hope this is helpful, if you do decide to try the repair, or opening him up, let me know if you run into any issues.

(02-04-2017, 01:18 AM)ItsWAWGaming Wrote: it can't be axel clog because it moves around fine when you have the white switch on d10 not on.
So you could be right about the motor but also the circuit board, i hope not.
Could you open yours up (D10) and send me pictures of his area? like circuit thing so i can see what might be not right compared to when i just opened up mine?

If you can have the switch in the on position and the wheels move, then the axel cog may (likely) be stripped/cracked. This is quite common with most of the Trackmaster/Plarail trains. Super glue can be a quick fix, but a replacement gear would be ideal. These take a special size that is not readily available (or that I could find) so i made several and also made a jig to install them.
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2017, 01:39 AM by ripley802.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • Super
When i turn his white switch on his wheels do not move, so it is functioning properly in terms of axels i guess but the main thing is it will not move once it is fully turned on.

I sent a new PM.
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2017, 01:49 AM by ItsWAWGaming.)
  • ripley802
(02-04-2017, 01:42 AM)ItsWAWGaming Wrote: When i turn his white switch on his wheels do not move, so it is functioning properly in terms of axels i guess but the main thing is it will not move once it is fully turned on.

I sent a new PM.

The switch on Splatter is the sound, and the white switch on D10 should be what turns the motor on.
also should i try moving the blue wire on the white switch on d10 of mine around to the front like in your d10's picture?
(02-04-2017, 01:51 AM)ItsWAWGaming Wrote: also should i try moving the blue wire on the white switch on d10 of mine around to the front like in your d10's picture?

Post a pic here or PM of what you are seeing, they should all be the same i believe, unless something has come loose possibly?
my circuit board is sorta loose but theres tape holding it in place.

I'll get a pic now in a few moments.

how do i post pictures? (I got them ready)

[Image: mV9TGBe8ZXQtDIPIycgOkiEurYc0D1gRPnu3f-sO...220-n-o-rw]
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/tom5B1...220-n-o-rw

The second link has picture 2 on it.
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2017, 02:13 AM by ItsWAWGaming.)
  • ripley802
That seems to look ok. The board basically just sits in the little slot there, not really fastened in or anything. The wire color blue vs white, may be a repair, or possibly just a difference in when it was made maybe? Look at the bottom of D10, have the white switch in the on position, then look closely while moving the wheels, if you can see the axle spinning inside the gear, then it is cracked.