TOMY Plarail Catalog Discussion Thread

40 Replies, 36465 Views

Hello All,

As you may (or may not) have seen, I recently posted a thread that I was going to be creating an archive of the Plarail/TOMY Catalogs that were released in Japan. You can have a look at the thread and download/view the ones that are currently posted as well as check back for more to be added very soon. In an effort to keep that thread "clean" so it has just the Catalog content it has been locked so i wanted to have a different post where we can like, share, and discuss all of the cool things that are in these catalogs.

The Archive can be found here:

[-] The following 2 users Like ripley802's post:
  • , mod thana
This is so cool and I am excited to have this great research tool at our finger tips. For example I just browsed the 2001 - 2002 Catalog and quickly learned that the rare white DD51 was released then.

Thank you very much Ripley, I know this is a lot of work for you in creating this fantastic archive here, for us and in accumulating all the Catalogs. I for one appreciate your efforts tremendously.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • , mod thana, ripley802
No problem at all Super. I do feel like these can be a huge help to the members in tracking down items, what goes with what, when was this releases, etc... If anyone has any questions or see's an issue with one of them, let me know and i will try and correct.

As of 2/4 i have all of the catalogs that i have acquired scanned and posted in thread. There are a few on order and a few more i am still looking for.
[-] The following 2 users Like ripley802's post:
  • mod thana, Super
Maybe there are Members that have Catalogs not listed that they don't really need anymore and could donate to the cause...that would be nice. Or maybe there were special Catalogs that were released in addition to the yearly ones.
(02-04-2017, 03:06 PM)Super Wrote: Maybe there are Members that have Catalogs not listed that they don't really need anymore and could donate to the cause...that would be nice. Or maybe there were special Catalogs that were released in addition to the yearly ones.

That would be awesome. And yes there are some additional ones which I will be doing as a phase 2 post after I get the year ones done, but they have either only one year like 2003 vs 2003-2004 on them or are something other than the normal Plarail style that was the original purpose of the thread. I have not gone through them too much yet either but they are in the main picture in the thread for the archive.
I found what look to be Pop Up Scenery Pieces to be interesting in the 1999-2000 Catalog. Don't think I have seen these or heard of any talk about them.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • mod thana, ripley802, Ucwepn
Very nice work ripley Smile
[Image: IMG-20180126-232218494.jpg]
Rest In Piece Friend
Thomas A. Wilson 2008 - 2018
@ripley802,

I see that you are missing the 2002-2003 one.

-plarnold
(02-05-2017, 01:38 AM)plarnold Wrote: @ripley802,

I see that you are missing the 2002-2003 one.

-plarnold

Yes indeed. Thanks for the PM, looking forward to seeing this one.
Give him time, He will eventually have it.
[Image: IMG-20180126-232218494.jpg]
Rest In Piece Friend
Thomas A. Wilson 2008 - 2018