TOMY Plarail Catalog Discussion Thread

40 Replies, 36455 Views

I really like how the prices are included in the Catalogs to compare what some of the now, rare, items went for when they were released.

I am anxious to see that new 2016-2017 Catalog when Ripley gets it and if there is anything new. Is your Brother back yet and is he bringing you other neat stuff he picked up in Japan?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • mod thana, ripley802
I was thinking the same things on the prices. I only wish I was collecting when they were released. Like look at the Thumper set for 1200¥ and all of the Thomas Characters which now ar $30 and up.

My brother is back from Japan and said he got the 2016-2017 catalog so I am stoked to get to see it. Hoping there is mention of the Steam Thomas set that was brought up earlier in a different tread. I need to meet up and see what else he brought back. He mentioned a colorful Thomas, but not sure if that is one of the Chirin Takero ones or something else. Most of the things I had in my list the Plarail store did not have, just due to them being older or exclusives. He only had a few hours to shop, but may get to go back in a few months. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • mod thana
Maybe your Brother can sneak you on the plane as Carry-On luggage on his next trip.
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • mod thana, ripley802
(02-05-2017, 12:33 PM)Super Wrote: Maybe your Brother can sneak you on the plane as Carry-On luggage on his next trip.

That would be awesome. I would love to go..
Ripley about the 2001 2002 catalog, I noticed TnA D10 Was in it, Could you find TnA D10 In stores back around that time?
[Image: IMG-20180126-232218494.jpg]
Rest In Piece Friend
Thomas A. Wilson 2008 - 2018
(02-05-2017, 02:00 PM)ItsWAWGaming Wrote: Ripley about the 2001 2002 catalog, I noticed TnA D10 Was in it, Could you find TnA D10 In stores back around that time?

Yes, I would think so. I was not collecting them at that time but in theory all of these items would have been in the stores.
Received a few more (3) catalogs today in the mail. These are kind of interesting as they are in both Japanese and have English. Makes it kind of nice to see some of the names of things. These came from Malaysia and Singapore.
[Image: 63AD801B-E9AF-4D03-8D5A-850115ACECB2_zpshuxelbwn.jpg]
Looking at the Postmarks, the speed of delivery was quite good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • ripley802
(02-14-2017, 01:11 AM)Super Wrote: Looking at the Postmarks, the speed of delivery was quite good.

Yeah it was very quick considering the location.
[-] The following 2 users Like ripley802's post:
  • mod thana, Super
Updated the archive with the additional Catalogs i had received. I am awaiting 2 more, from overseas, then just have the current edition to get from my Brother when i see him, and one remaining on which a member reached out to me on. And then it should be complete, or mostly. There are still earlier ones, but would be tough to acquire.
[-] The following 2 users Like ripley802's post:
  • mod thana, sunhuntin