TOMY Plarail Catalog Discussion Thread

40 Replies, 36472 Views

Wow, that Catalog is so new it even has the newly released JR Kyushu Sweet Train in it. Fantastic Collection Ripley, thank you so much for sharing it with us.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • mod thana, ripley802
I just found and purchased the 2018-2019 catalog. I will update the archive thread once it arrives. Here is a sneak peak, are those “Real steam” engines?
[Image: A2-F1-B568-17-EF-4-FFF-8-BBF-8-BA90044-AD2-D.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like ripley802's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
Nope, that's just an added effect. Not much for me to see in there Shinkalion-wise, seeing as the line has wrapped up for the year with the release of Doctor Yellow and I doubt they'd tease at much in a consumer catalog. I'm more interested in the catalogs sent to retailers.
(11-18-2018, 05:56 AM)ripley802 Wrote: are those “Real steam” engines?  

Interesting, that sure would be pretty neat to have a real steam Hiro along with James, Percy, Gordon and Thomas. If they are I would hope that they reworked the mechanics of the steam makers as wasn't the 2017 Plarail release of Thomas real steamer problematic? Can't wait to see the Catalog Ripley...thanks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Yes, there definitely was a learning curve with. 2017 releases. It does work nicely though once you get the hang of it.
[-] The following 2 users Like ripley802's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
(11-18-2018, 05:56 AM)ripley802 Wrote: I just found and purchased the 2018-2019 catalog.  I will update the archive thread once it arrives.  Here is a sneak peak, are those “Real steam” engines? 

I'm not seeing 2018-2019 in the archive yet, but I've just found it online while Googling a string of assorted Katakana / Hiragana characters that's on the Mega Station box.

Here:
https://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/to...atalog.pdf
And 2019 is here:

https://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/to...atalog.pdf
Good find Chrisjo, that seems way easier than scanning it in..lol..

I do have the 2018/2019 one but haven’t had a chance to scan it and think it may have been misplaced. :-(
Thank you Chrisjo

I am surprised to see so much Tomica diecast vehicle items in this catalog. Alas no new Motor Tomica's though. Hey Tomy...how about some new motorized vehicles? I have a good idea for you because I know you are watching us....why not come out with a few of the Disney/Pixar Cars vehicles that are motorized that run on road track's? It looks like you already have some rights to make the non-motorized characters, how about a Limited Edition Mater and/or Lightning McQueen? How about it...you know you want to.
And 2020-21 is here, in a new interactive format:

https://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/pl...alcatalog/
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super