The ERTL New Couplings: 2003-2004

10 Replies, 17570 Views

(02-19-2017, 07:33 PM)B\Station Official Wrote: Hey everyone, I wanted to ask everyone a question. I noticed that some of the ERTLs I own have these stronger rod couplings at the back of them instead of hooks, as I'm aware this was only done to (all or some?) trains in the range. Does anyone know all the trains that received this upgrade that was only available in the UK?

And I should add why are the last versions of the ERTLs much much harder to find than the earlier characters?

Thanks for reading, share your thoughts below! Smile
Because you said that the last versions are rarer, I assume you live in the USA or other area. The reason why is because ERTL was discontinued in the USA in 2001. The final "wave" (which, IIRC, consisted of Scotsman, Bertram, Old Bailey + Handcar, Gordon's Special Coaches, Arry, Bert and Old Slow Coach, among other various Season 5 releases) released and was slowly phased out for Take Along. I believe there are rumors of the Spiteful Brakevan and Silly Trucks showing up in the USA, since those two were released with the old couplings before the switch. The new couplings were introduced in 2002, seemingly to "compete" with Take Along's better system. This didn't save them though, and ERTL was discontinued outright in 2004, leaving a lot of the range on the cutting room floor. Shame really. Would have loved to see ERTL Neville or Molly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mint Jubilee's post:
  â€˘ Super

Messages In This Thread
RE: The ERTL New Couplings: 2003-2004 - by Ucwepn - 02-19-2017, 08:06 PM
RE: The ERTL New Couplings: 2003-2004 - by Mint Jubilee - 01-22-2023, 06:09 PM
RE: The ERTL New Couplings: 2003-2004 - by Super - 01-22-2023, 07:39 PM