Ripley's TnA (Talk n Action) Repair Thread

93 Replies, 98078 Views

So I figured I would start a general thread to keep some of my TnA repairs, fixes, and general how to in one place. I recently picked up another James, Gordon, and Henry in a large Japan auction lot. They were in quite rough mechical shape but the exterior is not all that bad just dirty.
[Image: FF5_A7636-6471-4_F9_C-_A434-39_D45_FDE39...yl7afe.jpg]

The battery terminals were toast for almost all of the (6) in each of them.
[Image: 49_B129_FA-_AEFD-458_C-_B39_F-1_FED9024_...aup9e1.jpg]

So what I have done so far is to remove all of the terminals that were bad which was all but 2. Cleaned all of the corrosion off with distilled viniger. Completely dissasebled all of them down to just parts so I can clean and inspect all of it. James may have some internal cleaning needed for his gears but they all work and sound great. James and Gordon need gear replacements on the axel.

Here is a look at them all disassembled.
[Image: 852_B5_FDF-_E080-48_D9-_B10_D-2_ACB07_D7...ksp3n6.jpg]

More to come soon..Big Grin
[-] The following 7 users Like ripley802's post:
  • , DuckGWR, grodriguez, ItsWAWGaming, Mottivvlogs123, MuddyPoppins, ROKMAN1445
Nice!
[Image: IMG-20180126-232218494.jpg]
Rest In Piece Friend
Thomas A. Wilson 2008 - 2018
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsWAWGaming's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
I really admire your dedication to fixing these Talk N Action engines and bringing life to them again. As for my engines I was supposed to send you, they're still packed up in a Priority Mail box ready to go, just saving up a bit of cash first Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes StarSwitcher07's post:
  • ripley802
(02-25-2017, 10:15 PM)StarSwitcher07 Wrote: I really admire your dedication to fixing these Talk N Action engines and bringing life to them again. As for my engines I was supposed to send you, they're still packed up in a Priority Mail box ready to go, just saving up a bit of cash first Big Grin

Thanks StarSwitcher.. yeah it has become a passion to try and get them going, cleaned up, and back on the rails. I seem to be a sucker when I see them in "any" condition on the Japanese sites..Cool just have to get them. I almost had another lot but missed it as there was a buy it now and someone snapped it up.

No worries on the ones you have, I am still glad to take a look and make my best attempt at getting them going.
I don't have proper packaging for my diesel 10 (Talk N' Action) Yet so I gotta wait till I can mail mine.
Rest In Piece Friend
(02-25-2017, 10:34 PM)ItsWAWGaming Wrote: I don't have proper packaging for my diesel 10 (Talk N' Action) Yet so I gotta wait till I can mail mine.
No problem. Big Grin
Wow Ripley, you'd make a great person to help out in machine shops.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
I admire the organization of your disassembled, work in progress, case and attention to detail...brilliant. Especially when life gets in the way and it takes a lot longer than expected to get the repairs done. Having such a great way to keep things in order must prove quite the benefit for not misplacing parts. You are definitely the #1 TnA man around here Mr Ripley. Dodgy
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • ripley802, ROKMAN1445
(02-25-2017, 10:52 PM)Super Wrote: I admire the organization of your disassembled, work in progress, case and attention to detail...brilliant. Especially when life gets in the way and it takes a lot longer than expected to get the repairs done. Having such a great way to keep things in order must prove quite the benefit for not misplacing parts. You are definitely the #1 TnA man around here Mr Ripley. Dodgy

Thanks Super. Yeah the case is something new I have been trying to use. Especially when working on 3 at a time. I have lots of spare parts so if I lose a screw here and there then no biggie, but misplace a TnA connector, then almost game over.. haha..
[-] The following 2 users Like ripley802's post:
  • ROKMAN1445, Super
I'll update you when I'm ready to mail it.
He is on my holy grail collection shelf ATM.
Rest In Piece Friend