Ripley's TnA (Talk n Action) Repair Thread

93 Replies, 99130 Views

I ended up needing to remove the Power/light dash motor for two reasons. One it was draining the batteries sooo fast. I only managed to get a few loops around the track and it was about dead. Second, it was very loud and you could barely hear the chuffing or sounds when he went over the activation tabs. He is all back together and working now.

If Tramp or someone else with wiring/component knowledge out there is reading. What is the purpose for a resistor being on each side of the motor terminals and a transistor in between? Could this be causing a slow down? Gordon seems to be a bit slow now, but when going over the activation track and he speeds up it seems fine so I know the motor is ok. I may have a look at one of my other too to see if they are this slow, I can't recall. These really aren't made (in my opinion for inclines or other opsticals) so the slow speed may be the norm.

Other repairs done and in progress. TnA Thomas, Japanese accent is back up and going. He needed re-wired from the circuit board back. British Accent Thomas was unrepairble for the most part due to a heavily soldered circuit board. I had one lying in the repair box that was in really good shape, just needed the tender so that was an easy fix and he is ready. American accent Thomas is being re-wired and is the last one in the batch.
[-] The following 2 users Like ripley802's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ripley's TnA (Talk n Action) Repair Thread - by ripley802 - 04-03-2017, 08:57 AM