Ripley's TnA (Talk n Action) Repair Thread

93 Replies, 99110 Views

(04-04-2017, 11:54 AM)Tramp Wrote: So the resistor looks to be yellow,orange, brown, silver, right? It should be 430ohms, i think it's in series with the motor, I can only imagine it's to slow the speed of the motor. if it's in series with the power circuit it's the only thing it can do,

the transistor thing in the other picture is a capacitor, it's used for smoothing the power spike when the motor is switched on and off, it also suppresses noise and interference that can effect the electronic circuits, on the other engines (with no circuit boards) you can run without it no problems, but with these having the boards it would be worth keeping them.

Do you think if I leave the capacitor and remove the resistors from the (+) and (-) it may Speed the engine up a bit without causing damage to the board??

I ran into another issue with one of the Thomas repairs. Apparently the board had been soldered too much and the bit that the solder attaches to on the board hole is gone. So nothing metal there for the solder to latch onto. I think that one is pretty well shot. I attached the positive wire that goes to the motor over to the speaker (+) and it works now but has issues with the activation/talking when going over track. Dodgy
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • Super

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ripley's TnA (Talk n Action) Repair Thread - by ripley802 - 04-05-2017, 01:25 AM