Ripley's TnA (Talk n Action) Repair Thread

93 Replies, 99152 Views

I'm not sure, If it wasn't required I'd have thought that Trackmaster wouldn't have fitted it in the first place, how does the talk and action work? Does it start and stop independently? If it runs by itself it may be that the transistor that controls the switching on and off has a current rating, if you remove the resistor it might consume more current and overwhelm the transistor,
like I said I don't understand why it has the resistor on in the first place, are you sure it is part of the power circuit? Could it be the point where the circuit board takes the power from the main circuit? Obviously the sound circuitboard will require a regulated supply, this might be supplied through the resistor,

As for the circuit board with the copper track, if you follow the etched track work back you should be able to find the other end where a component is soldered to it, if your careful you should be able to solder your wire onto the same connection - not pretty but it should work.
[-] The following 2 users Like Tramp's post:
  • ripley802, Super

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ripley's TnA (Talk n Action) Repair Thread - by Tramp - 04-06-2017, 09:19 PM