Ripley's TnA (Talk n Action) Repair Thread

93 Replies, 99188 Views

Right then, as far as I can see if the power is 4.5v the resistors will be dropping the voltage down to a suitable level, as you know most of our trains run off of 1.5v, I imagine the resistors will drop the bolts to a similar level, not only will it reduce the volts, it will increase the resistance in the motor circuit. The transistor on the circuit board will be a black three pronged device, this acts as a switch to control the power on to the motor, these transistors can't handle much current, I imagine by increasing the resistance you reduce the amount of current the transistor has to deal with, if you remove the resistors yes I'm sure it will run faster but I don't know how long the transistor will last! The capacitor in the motor is part of the transistor protection as well as noise suppression, as I said before the capacitor acts as a buffer in the power circuit, it charges up then if the motor starts to struggle it discharges assisting this power supply, it just helps to maintain the motor. Also because it works as balance it helps when power is switched on and off on the transistor, it's job will be to buffer the transistor switch by prevebting a voltage spike when the transistor switches off - in industrial applications they would be used to suppress sparks on contact tips,

As for bursts of speed, I'm not sure, Do all the talk & action engine nes do this?
[-] The following 3 users Like Tramp's post:
  • kmott, ripley802, Super

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ripley's TnA (Talk n Action) Repair Thread - by Tramp - 04-07-2017, 11:08 PM