Ripley's TnA (Talk n Action) Repair Thread

93 Replies, 99163 Views

Thanks Tramp. Yeah I have a cheap multimeter but it does have the setting on it to check diodes/transistors. I had been checking and seeing weird results then found the part number difference. Dodgy

I am hopeful the ones I ordered will solve the mystery. Big Grin

Yeah the solder pump has been a life saver. As I am sure you are aware these tiny circuits can be a pain sometimes but having a clear pin hole to insert the new component is a must and the solder pump has solved my issues there. Big Grin. I am not sure how I did much of anything without it before..

One thing I did notice, on a Gordon that was running pretty well (speed wise) I checked the voltage to the motor and it was about 1.9x almost 2v (the circuit is 3xAA) so 4.5v total. When I checked the James with slowness issues it was around 1.7x volts. So there is something in there it seems causing the voltage drop, but so far I have not isolated it. Once I get the new transistors, I will test that with a new capacitor and see if there is any change.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • Super

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ripley's TnA (Talk n Action) Repair Thread - by ripley802 - 10-11-2017, 07:25 PM