New Shooting Star Gordon & Stream Lined & Steam Thomas

45 Replies, 35515 Views

While he looks excellent and runs great, I do think they should've just used the same drive unit as normal Thomas to make him the same length, because he's too long compared to it. I can also see the new Shooting Star running in the same video, though I feel they should've tried to keep "root" consistencies with the engines' non-streamlined versions. Also, these two just so happen to be the first Thomas characters to have two-speed units! This makes me wonder if other engines with the same drive unit like Connor, Caitlin, Gator, Ryan and the redesigned Gordon and James can be retrofitted with this two-speed one, and what else will be in store for the Plarail Thomas range. Correct length is the only category where the Revolution Streamlined Thomas from that playset wins. Everything else goes to Plarail (as expected). Also, Annie and Clarabel's roofs should've been white and their wheels black. Can't wait for all the updated "Streamlining" and "Shooting Star" remakes once community members get their hands on them.
(03-31-2017, 05:57 PM)Trainboy90 Productions Wrote: I am planning to make Raul of Brazil and Ivan of Russia out of Plarail KF-02 HD300 Hybrid Diesels (I might have to get 6 because I am going to keep one the way it is and the others will be customs). I will have to make Logan out of the same model but using special clay like Raul's model.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Why would anyone use that for Logan and Raul? It's not even remotely good for making those two tiny engines. It would be just right for Ivan because his proportions are very similar to it (and at least one person already did and it turned out nice), but how on Earth does that look anything like these two to you?

[Image: 250?cb=20160326122715]

[Image: 480?cb=20140805190815]

Obviously, a Scruff, Rusty or Dart would be much better suited. Thanks if you're listening.
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2017, 01:07 PM by Super.)
(04-03-2017, 06:30 AM)DalaGStanator Wrote: While he looks excellent and runs great, I do think they should've just used the same drive unit as normal Thomas to make him the same length, because he's too long compared to it.

Interesting thought, so I looked up the new Oigawa James to see what chassis type it used because it is a smaller model but couldn't find that info. I assume it is the same as the Oigawa Thomas because it to is smaller. Although I can't see exactly the motor configuration I will guess its the same as the original but with the battery entry from the bottom as pictured below...

(04-03-2017, 06:30 AM)DalaGStanator Wrote: [Image: hqdefault.jpg]

NO! You can't use that for Logan and Raul. It doesn't even look remotely good for making those two tiny engines. It looks just right for making Ivan because his proportions are very similar to it (and at least one person already did and it looks very good), but how on Earth does that look anything like these two to you?

I could see the possible reasoning for using the HD300 Hybrid for the base of a custom Logan. Removing the hand rails all around, reshaping the long diesel nose (if this can be done with what might be underneath) and maybe extending the Cab back might work. I do love the looks of Logan and wish he was more popular in the series so Plarail would either make a model of him (so I can deface him Big Grin) or make a model of the real one which would even be better.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(04-03-2017, 01:16 PM)Super Wrote: Interesting thought, so I looked up the new Oigawa James to see what chassis type it used because it is a smaller model but couldn't find that info. I assume it is the same as the Oigawa Thomas because it to is smaller. Although I can't see exactly the motor configuration I will guess its the same as the original but with the battery entry from the bottom....

I'm curious about that too since the real Oigawa James is a C56 and I had presumed Tomy simply used a modified version of their exsisting C56.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
You are probably right there OTR. The tender is an exact match and with the engine reworked it may be the C56. I hope its not though as the C56 is quite small and if Oigawa James is that small he would be smaller than the Oigawa Thomas.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
The cheapest listing on eBay is sold as well.
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
Also as of right now, there is only 1 Streamlined Thomas listing on eBay. Hopefully Tokyo Hobby gets more once he's available again.
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2