Latest Lego Releases Coming Soon...

16 Replies, 22583 Views

Now i know Mr AC is probably on the ball, but I'd just like to bring your attention to a couple of truly excellent Lego sets coming in the next month or so.

The first one is a creator expert model of a carousel, not only does this look awesome but it is fully functional as well (and can be motorised with the power functions stuff), here's a vid (specially for AC);

Price is as you'd expect quite high, but I think it is emminently worthwhile and possibly the first in a new fairground range knowing Lego, if so I can't wait for a motorised roller coaster!!

The other is again a must have for any true Lego fan, a new 'ideas' range model, of a Saturn V rocket, this is around a metre tall (or 3 and a bit foot if you're old like me Smile). This is due out around May/June time also. Featuring 1969 pieces (nice touch that), it's around the £100 GBP range apparently. Here's some more details for you;

Lego Saturn V Rocket
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 5 users Like Nigels's post:
  • , DalaGStanator, fred16850, Super, Ucwepn
That Carousel is pretty cool and the Saturn Rocket would be huge.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Totally agree Super, I'll definitely be getting the Saturn V as I've already got the earlier Space Shuttle release from a few years back - I mean the expert/collectors version complete with the fuel tanks/booster rockets. The two together should be awesome.

Also really fancy the carousel, they really are pushing out some cool stuff recently...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
(04-28-2017, 07:46 PM)Nigels Wrote: Now i know Mr AC is probably on the ball, but I'd just like to bring your attention to a couple of truly excellent Lego sets coming in the next month or so.

The first one is a creator expert model of a carousel, not only does this look awesome but it is fully functional as well (and can be motorised with the power functions stuff), here's a vid (specially for AC);

Price is as you'd expect quite high, but I think it is emminently worthwhile and possibly the first in a new fairground range knowing Lego, if so I can't wait for a motorised roller coaster!!

The other is again a must have for any true Lego fan, a new 'ideas' range model, of a Saturn V rocket, this is around a metre tall (or 3 and a bit foot if you're old like me Smile). This is due out around May/June time also. Featuring 1969 pieces (nice touch that), it's around the £100 GBP range apparently. Here's some more details for you;

Lego Saturn V Rocket

Lego has previously released two other "fairground" themed sets, though they are not officially classified as such as they are under the expert line: The Fairground Mixer and the Ferris Wheel.
(05-01-2017, 09:16 PM)fred16850 Wrote: Lego has previously released two other "fairground" themed sets, though they are not officially classified as such as they are under the expert line: The Fairground Mixer and the Ferris Wheel.

Handy to know thanks Fred Smile
So who's up for the latest Lego Star Wars UCS kit due in the near future?

Millenium Falcon UCS

Not only is it an eye-watering £649, but it is apparently the largest lego kit ever sold with some 7,500 pieces to it!!

No doubt a collectors item which for the most part will sadly be snapped up by 'speculators' and be destined never to see the light of day, unless you pay the outrageously ramped up prices in coming years. Just for the record the older Millenium Falcon UCS kit sells second hand for some £1,000+ on eBay apparently.

Still who knows maybe AC will treat me to one for bringing it to his attention (hehehe)...

If anyone is interested there are also a whole slew of new kits for the new Star Wars movie too (The Last Jedi) including a quite nice Star Destroyer at a more reasonable £129...
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • ActionChugger, Super
AC did a reveal video...

[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • ActionChugger, Nigels
I am still unsure... We are not really a Star Wars Lego collector. We do have a few, but Evan never played with them. This one is interesting as it is HUGE. I do not even have a room to put it in, unless in the middle of the dinning table. We will see.Big Grin
Evan Almighty and His Train Collection
[Image: banner12.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ActionChugger's post:
  • Super
(09-01-2017, 09:39 PM)ActionChugger Wrote: I am still unsure... We are not really a Star Wars Lego collector. We do have a few, but Evan never played with them. This one is interesting as it is HUGE. I do not even have a room to put it in, unless in the middle of the dinning table. We will see.Big Grin

I thought you'd have at least 3 by now AC!!! Big Grin Angel
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • ActionChugger, Super
[Image: laughing-dog-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • ActionChugger