RC Thomas Freight Car Modfication

5 Replies, 6127 Views

[Image: 79b89cdf54e07f94453e2735650e164a.jpg]
Well Well Well,I Did something to this Freight Car From The RC Flipface Thomas,i Disconnected The wires from the Flipface thomas,then i added a front coupler on where that its used for Molly,Emily,Murdoch,etc,btw,i got another RC Flipface Thomas,With The Truck so no need to panic,and i took out the battries out of the truck and put them somewhere else.
[-] The following 2 users Like Trackmaster Master's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
I see you and I did something similar! My RC Thomas isn't the flip-face version but it has the same battery-van body.

I just swapped the bottom part with a regular black truck frame+wheels+couplings and it worked just fine. I'll edit this post when I've taken a photo. Aside from the jarring visible screw on top, it's proven to be quite a useful van!

EDIT: Pics. Stickers are just there because I was bored :p
[Image: WIN_20170521_16_07_30_Pro_zpsut7uank4.jpg]

[Image: WIN_20170521_16_07_22_Pro_zpsnr89lskf.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes WoodWheel92's post:
  • Super
So what you have done is turn in the battery box car into just a plain car? I have several of these box cars that I have amassed for future LED lighting projects.

BTW TM Master, welcome to Blue Plastic Tracks.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
That's right! I recall you mentioning this before.
Do you imagine it'll be an easy task to re-wire these babies for the projects imagined?
I wasn't planning on rewiring them at all, they are already wired all that need to be done is running the wires from this box car to any other coach or coaches. Of course I would add an on/off switch to this car which wouldn't be too much trouble.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • WoodWheel92
I did the exact same thing! However, my RC/Flip Face Thomas had stopped working since I once sprayed it all gold (no dissasembly) and repainted it several times, and it looks horrible now. Since it no longer worked, I cut the van off and replaced its connector with the hook coupling from my Emily tender, and now it can be used for anything (my Emily is now joined to her tender using a standard eye coupling). I just need to try and repaint it again since it looks a bit shoddy now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super