Roads with different attachment?

5 Replies, 8219 Views

Picked up a lot today that included some roads that I'm unfamiliar with. They are a similar width and style (though the road bet is a bit rougher and has "cracks" molded into it) to single lane plastic roads that came with my " Thomas Ultimate" set and that clip into some of my TOMY accessories. However, rather than the angular clip attachment they have round knobs/cavities that look like smaller (and wider set apart) versions of the old-style (HIT) take-n-play attachments.

Can anyone tell me more about these? They say HIT toys on the bottom.

Also, are there adaptors that will fit the two types of road together?
Sounds like Trackmaster road but hard to tell without a picture Big Grin I made my own adapters by cutting 1 of each type of straight track in half and gluing the opposite sides together.
Is this what the road pieces look like?

[Image: 005_zps222c8afe.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, Trackmaster-Rail-Yard
That's trackmaster
From Thomas To Today's Modern Diesels, They're All A Part Of My Rail-Yard!
Howdy eilif,

The road you've most likely got is HiT Toys TrackMaster, as Fisher-Price does not currently believe in manufacturing the motorized road vehicles or the road system itself. In its heyday, HiT Toys TrackMaster road was fairly abundant in little roadway sets with Bertie, repainted Bulgy, and Elizabeth; one or two half-straights were included with the motorized Jack, Alfie, Ned, Caroline, Terence, and trio named above. No adapters were ever made to connect the road systems from TOMY to HiT Toys TrackMaster, and I can see why; the system was not exactly the most popular as at the rail system was, hence the adapters for the rails. However, the detail is stunning, but does make the road noisy as well.

(05-26-2014, 11:52 PM)eilif Wrote: Picked up a lot today that included some roads that I'm unfamiliar with. They are a similar width and style (though the road bet is a bit rougher and has "cracks" molded into it) to single lane plastic roads that came with my " Thomas Ultimate" set and that clip into some of my TOMY accessories. However, rather than the angular clip attachment they have round knobs/cavities that look like smaller (and wider set apart) versions of the old-style (HIT) take-n-play attachments.

Can anyone tell me more about these? They say HIT toys on the bottom.

Also, are there adaptors that will fit the two types of road together?
Residential train-afficionado in training, and Thomas & Friends fan.

Yep, that's the stuff!
I was already a bit ambivalent about the TOMY style road which I have a fair amount of and does at least connect to some of the accessories I have. Thus, I probably won't be keeping the HIT Trackmaster road, even though it does have nicer detail.
Thanks for the information folks!
[-] The following 1 user Likes eilif's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine