a few stupid questions

20 Replies, 22365 Views
Thread Closed 

2011? and the genre is ending?
define 1959.

furthermore. is plarail compatible with plarail advance. as applied to the destinations-that are designed for plarail advance?
in another words-to all those favorable to this genre- can plarail trains run on destinations- that are( specifically intended) for plarail advance.

please don't micro-manage. as i know, there are always exceptions to the rules

and if that wasn't enough... mind you i'm a beginner here- have some mercy-

are all the plarail advance trains- have that modern look?

i search a million listings a week. probably more. so, with that said, to add a generic website..

show me more

again, those here know whats precious, what neat, and what fun
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2017, 12:20 AM by trevor369.)
So reading a bit more, it might not be ending, but they definitely cancelled some future releases. 1959 was the year when the first Plarail trains were introduced, ever.

For the destinations from the advance range, no normal trains can on it, because of the gauge. Besides, it would look quite weird. For some crossings or stations, they have the station in the middle, so normal trains can't go over it and for crossing, the rails merge and would probably derail a normal sized train.

Some trains on both ranges are the same type and series, but it's just that the advance range makes them more realistic; and because the curves are not so tight, they are longer, in a ratio respect, when compared to normal trains which are short, truncated as compared the real-life ratios.
More and more...Big Grin
Plarail Advance has been discontinued.

-plarnold
Thanks for the confirmation then, as I didn't look too much into this.
More and more...Big Grin
hmmm....

anyone want to show me?
a something neat and fun.
a destination piece, as specifically applied to prarail advance.

i often mix different genres of trains.
whether, plarail, trackmaster, take and play...

my point is....
if a tie matches the shoes.... and the shoes match the suit,
well, i guess one has a outfit that works.

best analogy on the spot
Trevor, just for once why don't you do something for yourself rather than expect everyone else to do it for you?

If you want to see Plarail Advance in action go to google and type "Plarail advance video" it's not rocket science mate!
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 5 users Like Nigels's post:
  • fred16850, ripley802, StarSwitcher07, sunhuntin, Ucwepn
forgive me, but its a new genre for me.
just trying to learn.
i have taken your advice. however, unless i look 100's of videos only to see trains running on tracks?
everyone here is fluent. in respect to their own genre.
sure, i can study on my own. or i could just go to the source?
i had a rare opportunity to see lewis black perform.
in 1 of his skits, a child comes up to him and says "i wanna be just like you. how did you you get to where you are? i wanna be funny like you".
lewis turns to this sweet and innocent child and says.. (with his classic poignant
finger of course)

"just f_%#in' google it!"
not trying to be rude, just trying to learn.

i'm sorry if i offended anyone.

life is easy we have all worked, in regards, to these toys.
lets work together.
if one of you, asked me about, a trackmaster piece. in regards to plairail advance...
"is it compatible, or is it comparable.
i could easily say google it.
or...or... i could say yes/no.

some of us here push the boundaries of these trains.
some in regards to motors
some in regards to lights.
i tend to lean toward track.
That's all good and well and I don't think you came off as rude; however, this forum's purpose is to provide a community where its members share things they have bought and learned about the community while asking queries about upcoming products and curious products of the past. I don't believe in stupid questions, but there needs to be a sense of judgment and thought that goes into the question before it is asked in the event it could, in fact, be answered with a simple Google search.
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2017, 03:46 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 3 users Like fred16850's post:
  • Nigels, ripley802, Ucwepn
Well said Fred, my response was not intended to be rude either, but Trevor you keep asking basic simple questions that you could find the answer to simply by using the search facility on these forums. While we are all very helpful we don't all have the time to spend regurgitating what already exists especially when a lot of the questions you are asking are so generic and vague that we don't even know what it is you want to know?!?

For example when you were asking about PlaRail with lights, why not do a search for 'Plarail with lights' either here, on google, hobbysearch or any other number of resources. At the end of the day we don't know what it is you're interested in there are loads of trains with lighting of one form or another, but what were you after? Bullet trains? Suburban ones? Tomy? Tomica? Kato? Steam trains? The list goes on forever Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2017, 09:00 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • ripley802
(09-01-2017, 04:41 AM)plarnold Wrote: Plarail Advance has been discontinued.

-plarnold

guess i had better sort something out and grab some of this before it vanishes completely!!
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  •