2018 Plarail Thomas Predictions

35 Replies, 40394 Views

Hey everyone, since 2018 will be coming soon, and since the 21st season of Thomas began airing today, I've been thinking about the new items to come from Plarail in the Thomas range next year. I would like to hear your serious predictions, not insane like "Big City Engine", realistic predictions.

Personally, I'd have to say...

Daisy - as she is getting some new S21 episodes, along with he appearing in a few S20 episodes which have somewhat recently aired in Japan.

and

Frankie, Hurricane and Merlin - Because I fell they will be some of the most popular JBS characters in Japan.

What are your thought?
[-] The following 4 users Like ThomasBlue's post:
  • DalaGStanator, fred16850, mod thana, ROKMAN1445
Hurricane and merlin are already on the shelves. They are one time characters. I doubt there will be any more products associate with them.

In face a lot of us would like to get pur hands on daisy especially there are very limited coaches in the thomas line.
I can definitely see Merlin happening..
(09-18-2017, 08:19 PM)leylandvictory2 Wrote: Hurricane and merlin are already on the shelves. They are one time characters. I doubt there will be any more products associate with them.

In face a lot of us would like to get pur hands on daisy especially there are very limited coaches in the thomas line.

But Trackmaster isn't really sold in Japan. I was just saying realistically, Plarail would probably be on the road to making them for the Japanese market, as they as some of the characters in the film with bigger roles.
Did tomy lost the contract to make thomas toys?
No. But what I'm saying is Trackmaster (made by Mattel) isn't sold in Asia unless in rare instances. In Japan, Plarail/Takara Tomy holds to licensing rights on the motorized Thomas range.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2017, 01:35 PM by Super.)
It's very hard to predict what TOMY will do, they are also known for weird head scratching decisions like movie characters a year late etc.
[-] The following 2 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • fred16850, WoodWheel92
I believe the reason they get movie characters a year "late", is because generally, the Japanese dubs of the Thomas films come out a year later than they do in America, Britain, Australia, etc.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2017, 01:35 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like ThomasBlue's post:
  • mod thana, StarSwitcher07
Merlin and Daisy are pretty much just waiting to be created at this point. I'll have to hunt for one below $40 pretty soon.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROKMAN1445's post:
  • mod thana
There was a supposedly official reference to a powered Ashima earlier this year. Who knows, maybe that'll still happen.

To be honest, I'm terrible at guessing what Tomy will do. Since Mattel literally owns the Thomas franchise now, you can pretty much guess what they'll do. (New movie or season? It'll be Thomas and two other characters!)

If I had to guess, we'll see at least one set with a major Steam Team character, five cars and some track. That seems to be a common fall back and they get more use out of existing molds. Hey, my daughter fell in love with the 25th Anniversary set, so I got drawn into preordering it for her.
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • mod thana, ThomasBlue