Info on this Train?

8 Replies, 10231 Views

Can anyone help me with more information on this train besides the obvious?

[Image: litled_zps55814159.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • sunhuntin
This might help as a start. :-)

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10086284

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Tomy-Pla-rail...1249335676
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2014, 08:37 AM by Toys_Trains-Things.)
Thanks Toys_Trains-Things

Wish they had dates at Hobby Search like release and Terminated. Did this train also come in a set?
  • Gerisplarail1
Yes it also came in a set with a bridge I will update this later as I am off to run errands before work!
SUPER please stand by I promise a more detailed response. unless if when I get back your questions have been answered.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gerisplarail1's post:
  • sunhuntin
Here is the Set in question, a very beautiful and hard to acquire set nowadays the train runs along the water while the bridge allows vehicle traffic over the water !!!

[Image: marinelinerset_zpscc716dc6.jpg]

(05-29-2014, 06:01 AM)Super Wrote: Can anyone help me with more information on this train besides the obvious?

[Image: litled_zps55814159.jpg]
Many thanks Gerisplarail1

After seeing your picture I remembered seeing a used track setup just like this at Japan Yahoo. I didn't take a closer look because I wasn't interested in road tracks. Now that I get a closer look it exactly what you showed. With over a day left its over 3030 yen (over $30) I am curious as to how high it will go. Marine Liner Where else can one go to get answers than the members right here. Their knowledge, expertise and experience are invaluable.
[Image: praising-the-lord-smiley-emoticon.gif]

The Train is very nice looking but what I really want is that rear car to experiment with.
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, HankAmericanEngine
The train alone can be bought cheap if you bide your time on Japan Yahoo, the cool thing about the set is that you can discard the road and use the bridge with train track so the set is worth it I do not use that road for the motorized vehicles either I prefer the newer Tomica Town cardboard road as it goes with the buildings and pavement and I like the non motorized Tomica cars makes my layout seem like an actual setup which reminds me I am almost done with my latest layout pics to follow!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gerisplarail1's post:
  • Super
Oh, boy, a new layout. Will be nice to see the pictures.

I am getting pretty comfortable buying on the Japan Yahoo site but after spend many, many dollars I am getting close to not having much left to go after. I do still keep my eye on the auctions for the unusual items. I have learned that it is a bit deceiving in ones own mind, for being able to nab a train for say 500 yen ($5) is not that big of deal unless it is very rare. Minimum commission, bank transfer fee, sellers shipping, transaction fee and the shipping to your own house will drive the price over $20 and new ones can be ordered from Ebay for not much more than that so one has to make sure they do their research before diving in. That being said I still do buy things for prices like that if they are not available in my area. I do have to draw the line when paying 250 yen for one plakid and have the total with all fees come to over $20 LOL
  • Gerisplarail1
agreed I am very selective with what I buy and buy most of my stuff from Hong Kong with no middle man fees or website needed it is way cheaper for rare stuff than Japan auctions!