What's your favourite mod?

13 Replies, 13338 Views

My fav mod would be taking the tiny motors in c cell tomy trains and putting them in trackmaster 2 engines they gp pretty fast I have vid on YouTube on how to do it
You Know Your Keeping It Real When Your Working With Steel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(09-21-2017, 10:50 PM)Off The Rails Wrote: The A4 Pacific looks very do-able. I have a Tomy Spencer in my parts box that I hope to modify like that one day. Instead of painting though, I want to keep it silver.

I would love to know more on the construction of the Pashina class 971 Asia Express engine (light blue steam locomotive with green coaches). Any guesses as to what he based that one on? That and the Flying Yankee streamliner are my favorites from that video.

EDIT: My son's theory is that the Pashina class is based on a tender battery Gordon.

It's no problem to keep the loco Silver as there actually were some silver A4's in reality, for example these;

Silver Fox
[Image: lner-a4-class-banner-desktop.jpg]

Silver Link
[Image: r2965_lner_silver_link_class_a4_75th_anniversary.jpg]

Silver Jubilee
[Image: wp286f7aec_05_06.jpg]

One thing to note is that the side of the fairings over the wheels was depicted in a shade of grey while the remainder of the loco was a light grey/silver. But it makes Spencer an ideal 'doner' loco for this sort of project Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Nigels's post:
  • fred16850, Off The Rails, ripley802
Nigels, thanks for the photos and information. The A4 is just a sexy beast! Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2017, 11:24 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • ripley802
No problem its one of my favourites also, I've got a Hornby version of one of them along with a couple of other examples in the more normal blue or green BR liveries Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2017, 01:40 PM by Super.)