I like the B20

9 Replies, 15601 Views

I really like the looks of this locomotive. How come I don't see more of it?

[Image: 9814_zps7a390eab.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, HankAmericanEngine, MuddyPoppins, Tharazero1
extremely limited release for one year only at special events only

As you can see no Catalog number on the box, any Tomy train without a catalog number on the box is a special or limited release in one way or another. For example some trains are produced in limited quantities and can only be purchased at the Station the train actually runs at.
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2014, 07:08 PM by Gerisplarail1.)
Thanks Geris, she is a beauty [Image: fist-pump-and-yes-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
I dream of the Day I can get a hold of one of these special Loco's. I bide my time I bide my time!
I bought a used lot of steamies that included the B20, Yoshitsune and the C62 Silver Swallow tandem set. I won it after a drawn out bid battle for about 4500jpy. Gotta love Yahoo Japan. Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Toys_Trains-Things's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, Super
Whoa! I wouldn't mind having one of those! That's a nice lookin engine
From Thomas To Today's Modern Diesels, They're All A Part Of My Rail-Yard!
(05-31-2014, 07:32 PM)Toys_Trains-Things Wrote: I bought a used lot of steamies that included the B20, Yoshitsune and the C62 Silver Swallow tandem set. I won it after a drawn out bid battle for about 4500jpy. Gotta love Yahoo Japan. Smile

ONLY 4500yen!...........thats not a long drawn out battle...thats a steal. The B20 Plus you got the Yoshitsune, Silver Swallow set and more. I dare say you would have had your hands full if I had seen that my friend LOL. Note to self: make sure to get a close up view of those large steamy lots for auction.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
(05-31-2014, 08:04 PM)Super Wrote:
(05-31-2014, 07:32 PM)Toys_Trains-Things Wrote: I bought a used lot of steamies that included the B20, Yoshitsune and the C62 Silver Swallow tandem set. I won it after a drawn out bid battle for about 4500jpy. Gotta love Yahoo Japan. Smile

ONLY 4500yen!...........thats not a long drawn out battle...thats a steal. The B20 Plus you got the Yoshitsune, Silver Swallow set and more. I dare say you would have had your hands full if I had seen that my friend LOL. Note to self: make sure to get a close up view of those large steamy lots for auction.

The long drawn out battle was not the price but the ending time. Another bidder kept adding a small amount to increase the end time by 5 or 10 minutes. It went on for almost 2 hours and with the time difference it was getting quite late - just after midnight. If they weren't bidding the auction would have ended around 10:30pm (my time) for about 3000jpy.

For those who aren't familiar with Yahoo Japan Auctions. You can't snipe bid in the final seconds like eBay. Bidding in the last 5 minutes will also extent the end time of the auction to give others a chance to bid again.
[-] The following 2 users Like Toys_Trains-Things's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, Super
I don't care for that extended time on Japan auctions and hope they never do that on Ebay here. Sure its good for the sellers but hectic for the buyers when you don't know when it will end. Sure that works fine in a live auction setting but IMO not Online. You can be screwed very easily if you have a slow connection or have an Internet freeze for a moment.
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine, Toys_Trains-Things
this engine reminds me of millie.maybe if I get this loco then I might repaint it to millieIdeaBig Grin