Hornby 0-4-0s

8 Replies, 10769 Views

i have bought hornby mosley tarmacadem and smokey joe smokey will be here on friday and mosley....idk anyways i have lots of ez track! im the first one to post here in a while
Plarail Without Fail!
[-] The following 5 users Like 783Merlin's post:
  • Chrizzly, mod thana, Nigels, Super, Ucwepn
Thats a fine looking engine Merlin. Looks like a black Thomas.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Ucwepn
Those little Hornby engines are superb models Merlin, not only do they look good, but they are very well made and just keep running, very reliable little trains Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Nigels's post:
  • Chrizzly, Super, Ucwepn
I can't deny that. I have an 0-4-0 from 1969 and it still runs with no maintenance!
Collecting without a clue since 2010
[-] The following 3 users Like Chrizzly's post:
  • Nigels, Super, Ucwepn
Yeah, I got probably 6 or more that I bought over the years, never had a problem with any of them yet. Mind you for the most part I don't think I've ever had a hornby fail on me, at very worst just needed some minor maintenance...

The starter sets with one of the 0-4-0's, some wagons or coaches with an oval of track, controller etc... can usually be found for £50 or less and can't be recommended more highly as an entry level set for a young boy. Yet if they get into the hobby years later it will still be compatible Smile
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2017, 11:08 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • Chrizzly, Ucwepn
I have a Hornby Class E2 (Thomas' Basis!). I don't have any track to run it on, but I can tell that it's a good runner.
[-] The following 2 users Like RedEngine1's post:
  • Nigels, Ucwepn
I haven't bought any Hornby/Triang for a couple of years now, I have 5 of these (2 blue and 2 red, one red one has a chromed dome, more modern I think) I think this is the oldest and rarest as it only came in a certain set for a limited time. I put new decals on it, serviced the motor and cleaned it all up. Lovely little loco.

[-] The following 2 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • Off The Rails, Super
very nice ucwepn never thought youd be on one of my my threads
Plarail Without Fail!
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2017, 02:19 AM by Super.)
Very nice little loco Ucewpn, did you repaint it as well? I'm just curious as the chassis under the train looks to be a dark green (unless its the pic) Smile