Whats The Big Deal With PlaKids?

37 Replies, 34685 Views

(11-12-2017, 02:36 PM)ripley802 Wrote: Wow. I have to make a trip there. How much is a 40ft shipping container to ship back to the US these days? Big Grin

Around $5-8k Cool via UPS freight lol
Evan Almighty and His Train Collection
[Image: banner12.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like ActionChugger's post:
  • mod thana, ripley802, sunhuntin
I guess the mystery around these is probably similar to that around the Lego minifigures, they are highly sought after as well, especially store specials or similar limited models.

In fact if you ever see a Lego kit you really fancy but are not bothered about the minifigures its always worth checking eBay as there are some manic collectors out there who go buy a kit (especially star wars ones), remove the minifigure(s) and then re-sell the full model kit + instructions (and often the box) for maybe half the retail of the original kit. I guess they are collectors who want the models but don't have the room to store/display them so opt for the next best thing the minifigures... Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • mod thana
I don't have any pla-kids but i would like to see someone make a full list of them, i'd imagine there are some rare ones out there. Super, don't you have a very rare pla-kid that is super rare and hard to find?

the listing ended up going for 45,500 yen :O :O :O
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2017, 11:19 PM by Tharazero1.)
(11-12-2017, 08:51 AM)NDI13 Wrote: you should see all the individually shrink-wrapped engines.
[Image: IMG_0004.jpg]

I see an 108 yen bin... They may be common carriages and cars, but still... It's so cheap....
T_T
(11-12-2017, 11:08 AM)Super Wrote: [Image: omg.gif] Oh my.....who would need Ebay, Amazon or the Japan auctions with a resale shop like that around the corner and with so much stock. Are they a consignment shop. Holy cow, I am drooling [Image: drooling-sign-smiley-emoticon.gif] How much fun would that be.....jumping on a plane to Japan for a shopping trip?

Not consignment stores. They buy your items at "fair prices" and resell at "reasonable prices". I am not quite sure what define "fair prices" because reasonable price that I paid was ¥1,199 for a complete engine ?

[Image: IMG_0016.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0013.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0014.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like NDI13's post:
  • mod thana, Super
Thats a great haul ND, I see an Oliver and Lady in there, how much did they go for?

(11-12-2017, 11:16 PM)Tharazero1 Wrote: Super, don't you have a very rare pla-kid that is super rare and hard to find?

I wouldn't call them super rare but certainly hard to find, well that is until one seller on the Japan auctions somehow had what seemed like hundreds of new in the package ones of the man with a pizza/cookie cart so this one isn't hard to find any more. We have 2 of those and the other one we have is the lady pushing the food vendor cart that came in the set with the Mt Fuji in it. (can't remember the proper name of the set) we have 2 of these also.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Tharazero1
ahhhh, ok
[-] The following 2 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Now that I look at some of our PlaKids there may be a few more that are hard to find like the Abraham Lincoln and the white Sir Topham Hatt. I think most of the ones that have accessories are the most sought after like the medical stretcher (I think Muddy has) or the bicycles, tools, utensils etc. I find the medical stretcher one very interesting because it takes 3 PlaKids to use. One in the front of the stretcher, one in the back and one injured PlaKid on the stretcher. I don't think I have seen any other accessory that takes 3 PlaKids to use. Pictured below are the 2 I spoke of earlier and the pile of un-displayed ones we have that doesn't include the over 100 displayed within the layout.

[Image: gte.jpg]

[Image: 006.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Super's post:
  • mod thana, MuddyPoppins, ripley802, Tharazero1
Very nice pla-kids super
[-] The following 2 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
i love the plakids. something so small, yet they cram so much detail onto them. wish there was a website that indexed them all nicely, but i think there are more different designs of them than there are trains.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 4 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • mod thana, MuddyPoppins, Super, Tharazero1