American Highway Legends Diecast

9 Replies, 10995 Views

Is anyone familiar with the American Highway Legends diecast vehicles? If so, how do they compare with Tomica or HotWheels? Are they similar in size? Are they all metal or maybe a combination of metal and plastic? Even though they say 1:64 I think that all scales are not alike. For instance a 1:64 Volkswagen beetle would be bigger that a 1:64 Semi Truck right?. What do you think?

https://www.hanutt.com/search/Hartoy+Ame...tent=22135
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
tomica & hotwheels cars are 1:64ish, the semi trucks and other trucks from those brands are more 1:76ish, AHL trucks look to be proper 1:64ish scale from photos I just looked at.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ucwepn's post:
  • Super
Thanks stranger Ucwepn Big Grin Have you seen a side by side comparison which would help as without something to see in the picture like a hand or something of nown size its hard to get a hold of the size. Maybe, if nobody is familiar with them I should just find one to buy and do a comparison myself.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Ucwepn
Here is a thumb! sorry the best I could find, definitely larger than a hotwheels/matchbox/tomica truck which are the same size as the cars XD

Thanks UC, thats a good picture.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Ucwepn
1:64 should be something like this, the cars are hotwheels/tomica sized. This could even be an AHL product, photo it is not labelled though. AHL are made by Awesome Diecast.

[Image: 7671dae32530021cce1fa13a19f4afd2.jpg]
Oh wow, I don't think I have ever seen a semi that could accurately be sized with the cars like that. I am liking that truck and it has a name brand on it. Thanks Smile

Now this brings up an interesting question...on a diecast like this pickup truck with trailer and is 1:64 scale...is each part, truck or trailer, 1:64 or is the total of the 2 1:64. If its the total of the 2 then would that make the pickup truck smaller than say the Tomica cars?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-64-GreenLight...SwOu5Znjfm

[Image: s-l5v00.jpg]
Super, if you want consistently scaled cars/trucks/lorries you should check out the Siku diecast range. They are not necessarily the cheapest, but the quality is superb Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Thanks Nigels. I had never heard of them before. They do look very nice.
The pickup truck and trailer would each be 1:64 scale the pickup truck should be bigger than a tomica sedan
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ucwepn's post:
  • Super