What is the "Plarail Shop"?

14 Replies, 18737 Views

Can any of our experts give a lesson on what is "The PlaRail Shop"?

[Image: fyrkw720-img600x450-1401737463a6gqyl3077...cb337f.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
It is a store the biggest location is in Tokyo That only sells Plarail there are a few location in Japan only and they have exclusive Plarail Shop only items. The one you have pictured is only obtained by using points earned by making purchases at the Plarail Shop. I have a Plarail Shop exclusive fresh green Dr. Yellow.

there is also Tomica Shop that surprise only sells Tomica haha
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2014, 09:39 PM by Gerisplarail1.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Gerisplarail1's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine, Super
(06-02-2014, 09:38 PM)Gerisplarail1 Wrote: I have a Plarail Shop exclusive fresh green Dr. Yellow.
[Image: what-smiley-emoticon.gif]
my website under Shinkansen! I wish I had more of these but they are not super easy to get
you can get them on Japan Auctions but for a hefty price.

(06-02-2014, 09:59 PM)Super Wrote:
(06-02-2014, 09:38 PM)Gerisplarail1 Wrote: I have a Plarail Shop exclusive fresh green Dr. Yellow.
[Image: what-smiley-emoticon.gif]
LOL...I was picturing and all Green Dr Yellow. Refresh my memory, the regular Dr Yellow had blue trim and accents right? That green does make it different for sure.
  • Gerisplarail1
yes Yellow and Blue for the original, the Green stripped one I have is a real life train as well

(06-02-2014, 10:22 PM)Super Wrote: LOL...I was picturing and all Green Dr Yellow. Refresh my memory, the regular Dr Yellow had blue trim and accents right? That green does make it different for sure.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gerisplarail1's post:
  • Super
Hi SUPER I made a quick video for you!

http://youtu.be/GjZz-1UlY4Y
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gerisplarail1's post:
  • Super
Thanks Gerisplarail1

Your setup is awesome. I can't tell you how it gives me a sense of busy activity watching it even though the only thing moving are the trains. Dr Yellow-green sure looks different than other videos I have seen of his regular self. Don't you just love the sound of the trains going through the subway tunnels? And what great plugs for Blueplastictracks.com you have in their, perfect!

I also like your other video posted there. You piped in the sounds of a Japanese railway station which fit perfectly. Were you running a Mr Motoman on one of the trains that stopped and started again? The city is so busy and nice firehouse with lots of trucks.

• Gerisplarail1
I do love how the train sounds in the subway tunnels which is a big part of why I try to get them into a layout instead of regular straight track.
Thank you for your kind words on the other video too, the audio recording was made by a very close friend of mine when he visited Japan I loved it so much I had to try to use it in my first try at a video, if I get better at making videos I plan on doing a longer one with more of that audio there is like 10 minutes of audio I can use of actual Japanese train station noise I love it!
I do not have Mr.Motorman I will rewatch the video to see what you are referring too. I do have the auto transfer station I'm not sure.
Thats what it is! After studying what I had seen it was the transfer station but I have not seen one set up like that. What I have seen, what I have and even how Ucwepn has his, is using the one into two split tracks that come with the station. You have two different track lines entering from each side, very neat. You have the one side with the Dr Yellow set to run straight through while the other side is set to stop. It looks like Dr Yellow makes two passes and on the second pass releases the stopped train on the other side of the station...brilliant. I have not seen that done but I like it.
[Image: clapping-happy-smiley-emoticon.gif]
  • Gerisplarail1