Lots of New Stuff for Jan / Feb 2018

41 Replies, 35853 Views

I was going to say that the connector on the "front" of that wagon looked a bit odd, almost as if there was some other connector going on there, but its probably just the picture misleading us. However it is also pretty obvious that there is some form of circuitry inside the wagon as you can see what looks like copper strips and/or circuit boards. Maybe it uses a watch type battery? You could run an LED off that for some time before it expires...
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • ripley802, Super
Could light be generated by simple friction or a motion sensor?
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
Here is something that really has me baffled....of the handful of video's I have seen from the Plarail Expo in Osaka Japan that is going on right now, I have yet to catch a glimpse of the new, to be released trains at the end of this month and next which are the...

S-22 JR Shikoku 8600 Type
Kumamoto Electric Railway 01 Wrapping Train
DX Series Train Suite Shikijima

Heck I haven't even seen the new ones that were released in December there. Strangely missing...

JR Kyushu Sweet Train Aru Ressha
KF-02 JR Shikoku [Tetsudo Hobby Train] Plarailgo
J-26 Platform Screen Door Station

I don't get it. Isn't this supposed to be the venue that creates the hype to increase sales for the newly released and soon to be released? There is something odd going on here.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
TRAIN SUITE SHIKI-SHIMA is using “AA” Battery for both 1st car and 4th car.

The 1st car is using common chassis with new other shinkansen plarail.

1st car:-
[Image: Shiki_Shima_1.jpg]

4th car:-
[Image: Shiki_Shima_4.jpg]

[-] The following 2 users Like mod thana's post:
  • Blueberry'S', ripley802
Thank you Mod Thana for the pictures but it doesn't show how the engine lights work. Is that your train and do you have any more pictures or info for us?
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • mod thana, ripley802
(01-11-2018, 08:46 AM)Super Wrote: Thank you Mod Thana for the pictures but it doesn't show how the engine lights work. Is that your train and do you have any more pictures or info for us?

Hi Super, here are some pictures of the 4th car to show how engine lights work.

[Image: image.jpg]

• ripley802, Super
Thanks for the detailed pictures of the 4th car, that certainly shows the whole workings. It is curious as to why it has such an intricate circuit board for 1.5volts even a resistor which doesn't seem necessary.... unless of course there is a Power Generator built in that ups the voltage to 3 or more for the LED's.

However that is the detail of the 4th car and in all the descriptions I have seen the engine has two long lights on each side of the front. Do you own this train in the pictures? BTW, I love your Avatar picture.

[Image: 10513485a.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • mod thana
(01-11-2018, 02:04 PM)Super Wrote: Thanks for the detailed pictures of the 4th car, that certainly shows the whole workings. It is curious as to why it has such an intricate circuit board for 1.5volts even a resistor which doesn't seem necessary.... unless of course there is a Power Generator built in that ups the voltage to 3 or more for the LED's.

However that is the detail of the 4th car and in all the descriptions I have seen the engine has two long lights on each side of the front. Do you own this train in the pictures? BTW, I love your Avatar picture.

[Image: 10513485a.jpg]

Hi Super..
Yes, I own this train.
The 1st car has single LED. Long light on each side due to transparent shell, rest area is black painted.
Thanks for love my avatar picture, golden bow tie was from the 25th Thomas Anniversary.

[Image: Shiki_Shima_1st_car.jpg]

• Blueberry'S', ripley802
@Mod Thana
Is the avatar pic of yours a custom or a promotional item possibly?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • mod thana
ohboi
if it's the latter, i'd take it you and Muddy will be on yet another hunt?
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Miksolo's post:
  • mod thana