Lego 8364 Racers Modified

1 Replies, 4042 Views

As some of you may recall I posted some time back about the Lego 8364 set that I'd purchased (to remind you this sort of set; Lego 8364), this was a set from a few years back which has these track sections, charging points and most interestingly little re-chargeable powered car chassis. These are intended to be built like little buggies, but of course like all Lego this is always just the beginning...

In 2017 as some may know Lego introduced their cars 3 range, however with a little change from the previous cars range in that they brought them out in the 'Juniors' range. The idea being they are easy builds for little kids. Anyway to cut a long story short I ended up picking one of these up at some point last year and built it in all of 5 mins flat and then it sat on the shelf for a bit. But then around November time I had a 'lightbulb' moment as it occurred to me the cars 3 models were pretty much the same size as the motorised chassis that come with the Lego 8364 range.

So next thing you know I'm pulling the model apart digging out a chassis and lo-behold I now have a motorised Lightning McQueen to go round the 8364 track. I subsequently went out and bought one of each of the cars 3 models so I could build more, I also have been hunting out some more of the chassis (usually as part of a job lot of 'bits' from the 8364 sets as these chassis were only ever sold with that set). Have to say this is one of the best eureka moments I've ever had Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Great mind at work Nigel, what a neat idea.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]