The Ivattian - LEGO Thomas & Friends: The Classic Series Collection

16 Replies, 18061 Views

Hey everyone, I'm "The Ivattian" on YouTube, I would like to start updating all of you with my LEGO Thomas & Friends videos, weekly. My video schedule is usually every Wednesday and Saturday every week - but sometimes if I'm really busy or have hardware problems I will upload only one video a week, being either Wednesday or Saturday.

Here is the link to my official channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnAJoVI...subscriber

SUBSCRIBE to my channel and LIKE my videos if you ENJOY my content and would like to see MORE! Smile

Below are two sections of my current videos on my channel. The first list being the videos which have been uploaded, the second list the scheduled videos, due to be filmed and uploaded according to my schedule - I have stated above.

CURRENT UPLOADED VIDEOS:

Season 1

01 - 01 = Thomas the Tank Engine
01 - 02 = Edward the Blue Engine
01 - 03 = Henry the Green Engine
01 - 04 = Gordon the Express Engine
01 - 05 = James the Red Engine
01 - 06 = Percy the Small Engine
01 - 07 = Toby the Tram Engine
01 - 08 = Annie & Clarabel the Old Coaches
01 - 09 = Henrietta the Quiet Coach
01 - 10 = Terence the Caterpillar Tractor
01 - 11 = Bertie the Friendly Bus
01 - 12 = Original Shape Henry

Season 2

02 - 01 = Duck the Great Western Engine
02 - 02 = Donald & Douglas the Scottish Twins
02 - 03 = Diesel the Devious Engine
02 - 04 = Daisy the Diesel Railcar
02 - 05 = Bill & Ben the Mischevious Twins
02 - 06 = BoCo the Friendly Diesel
02 - 07 = The Spiteful Brake Van

Customs

Custom - 01 = Timothy the Ghost Engine
Custom - 02 = Tom Moss the Prank Engine

VIDEOS TO BE UPLOADED SOON:

02 - 08 = Trevor the Traction Engine
02 - 09 = Harold the Rescue Helicopter
02 - 10 = Scrap Trevor

Season 3

03 - 01 = Oliver the Great Western Engine
03 - 02 = City of Truro the Famous Visitor
03 - 03 = Mavis the Quarry Diesel
03 - 04 = Flying Scotsman the Special Visitor
03 - 05 = Toad the Kind Brake Van
03 - 06 = Bulgy the Double Decker Bus
03 - 07 = Scrap Oliver
03 - 08 = The Big City Engine

Season 4

04 - 01 = Stepney the Bluebell Engine
04 - 02 = Class 40 the Rude Diesel
04 - 03 = Skarloey the Old Engine
04 - 04 = Rheneas the Gallant Engine
04 - 05 = Falcon / Sir Handel the Pompous Engine
04 - 06 = Peter Sam the Kind Engine
04 - 07 = Rusty the Little Diesel
04 - 08 = Duncan the Rock ‘n’ Roll Engine
04 - 09 = Duke the Graceful Engine
04 - 10 = Smudger the Boastful Engine
04 - 11 = S.C.Ruffey the Troublesome Truck
04 - 12 = George the Grumpy Steamroller
04 - 13 = Caroline the Vintage Car
04 - 14 = Bulstrode the Rude Barge
04 - 15 = Stuart / Original Funnel Peter Sam
04 - 16 = Introducing S.C.Ruffey

Season 5

05 - 01 = Derek the Paxman Diesel
05 - 02 = ‘Arry & Bert the Scrapyard Diesels
05 - 03 = Bertram the Brave Engine
05 - 04 = The Old Slow Coach
05 - 05 = Cranky the Mighty Crane
05 - 06 = Butch the Quiet Tow Truck
05 - 07 = The Horrid Lorries
05 - 08 = Tigermoth the Little Biplane
05 - 09 = Thumper the Quarry Machine
05 - 10 = Original Concept Bertram

Thomas & the Magic Railroad

T&TMR - 01 = Lady the Magical Engine
T&TMR - 02 = Diesel 10 the Evil Engine
T&TMR - 03 = Splatter & Dodge the Silly Diesels
T&TMR - 04 = Original Concept Lady
T&TMR - 05 = Original Concept Splatter & Dodge

Season 6

06 - 01 = Salty the Dockyard Diesel
06 - 02 = Harvey the Crane Engine
06 - 03 = Elizabeth the Vintage Lorry
06 - 04 = Jack the Brave Front Loader
06 - 05 = Alfie the Small Excavator
06 - 06 = Oliver the Wise Excavator
06 - 07 = Max & Monty the Devious Dump Trucks
06 - 08 = Kelly the Mobile Crane
06 - 09 = Byron the Loud Bulldozer
06 - 10 = Ned the Clumsy Steam Shovel
06 - 11 = Isobella the Elegant Lorry
06 - 12 = Original Concept Jack

Season 7

07 - 01 = Emily the Stirling Engine
07 - 02 = Fergus the Railway Traction Engine
07 - 03 = Arthur the Spotless Engine
07 - 04 = Murdoch the Mighty Engine
07 - 05 = Spencer the Streamlined Engine
07 - 06 = Vegetable Bus Bulgy
07 - 07 = Original Concept Murdoch

MAIN VIDEOS: 80 (Seasons 1 - 7 and T&TMR characters)
EXTRA VIDEOS: 4

CURRENT TOTAL VIDEOS LIST: 84
Gave the thumbnails a look and I gotta say: not a bad job at all o: Definitely not the best LEGO MOCs of Thomas characters out there, but you've got a consistent style and scaling that works very well and looks decent. I've only made a few characters out of LEGO bricks myself, but I strive for accuracy and proper scaling, and I've often had to redo them. As of right now, all I have done is Toby, Bill, and Ben. Gordon is proving extremely difficult, even with a wider running board than the others..
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
Thanks for the feedback - that's the whole idea though they are meant to be simple but effective - just like their Television Series counterparts, if you start making the characters too complex and focus only on details they will look bad - making sure the engines are durable and connect well together in construction is a big thing in my style as well designing the engines via aesthetics. I would say my models of Thomas & Friends characters are the BEST out there, honestly, but that is very personal to me - you do not have to agree with my opinion!

Also if you think my characters aren't the "best out there" show me an example of a better cleaner rendition that is not over detailed while still maintaining good structure.
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2018, 03:42 PM by Super.)
I do keep to TVS/CGI looks, actually. Some parts are simply too big, too small, or don't connect legally. There's also the issue of wheels... Being limited to only three sizes, and having no good reference of Big Ben Bricks wheels, it's hard to get the height right without making the wheels look oversized or undersized
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
Well yes LEGO has its limitations - I use LDD though because its easy to design and re-design engines if I need to without having to purchase new bricks to make a physical model. Also LDD has a far grander spectrum of colours I can use for my models, so its much better in that respect.

And then again the LEGO models I build aren't meant to be 100% accurate - that would be impossible - they're meant to represent the characters in a simple and effective way whilst still achieving fantastic accuracy and building structure. I don't add details like lining to my engines because that can all be done with decals / stickers, as if each character were to be their own separate LEGO set sold in stores.
I pretty much try to cram everything bar lining into a character MOC. As for some examples of other great builds, you should check out WideSquare Media's Thomas, Skarloey, and Rheneas. There are also a bunch of photos of a LEGO Sodor layout at a train show many years ago about the Internet. Most of the engines on the layout aren't very accurate, but the layout's Gordon is fantastic. https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fa/11/9a/...c8f5d7.jpg
Amateur voice actor
I don't think you realise that that person's Gordon has a lot of custom pieces, for example the whistles have been cut from normal rods, and he has been given custom decals for his lining all over, his face piece is custom, so are his wheels, and the rim on his funnel has been cut out a band. Why my models are far superior is because they are made out of authentic LEGO bricks, no custom parts, only some parts have colours which are not generally available as of now for sale, but regardless all the pieces I use in my models you can use to still buy even if the colour is different. I personally don't think your idea of replicating the Thomas models with brick lining is a good idea - it ruins the aesthetics of the model - I know this from experience.

And I already know this user's models, I can tell the structure of all his Thomas models to date are poor and the aesthetics are horrible, it all looks way too thin and tall.
^I don't like this. Nothing on BPT is about trying to be better than one another, or bringing somebody down for their thoughts or ideas. A respectful debate is always appreciated on the site, but never a showdown of who got the biggest funnel. I'm no admin- but I figured I'd leave my two cents on the matter.
[-] The following 4 users Like StarSwitcher07's post:
  • fred16850, MuddyPoppins, ripley802, sunhuntin
he is currently banned for a period of time for other offenses, and i shared the link to this with the other mods.

i agree there is no need for one-upmanship, even if the person on the other end isnt a member here.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
I Agree with starswitcher, You should not be arguing on who has the biggest funnel or anything like that, Its supposed to be friendly.
[Image: IMG-20180126-232218494.jpg]
Rest In Piece Friend
Thomas A. Wilson 2008 - 2018
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2018, 09:29 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsWAWGaming's post:
  • MuddyPoppins