Creamier Annie & Clarabel

29 Replies, 22323 Views

Well...unfortunately the mystery of the Creamy Annie & Clarabel has come to an endSad
I looked them over very well, and was amazed just how different they really were to a regular versions color...no unevenness either, except for the very slightest hint of a peachy hue to an otherwise yellow and perfectly matching color of that of Clarabel's face.
I doubted that it was fading though, because all four sides of both A&C are the same even shade, and even the insides of the windows, including the top inner edge, are all uninform in color!! I was stoked!!Smile
But as I was preparing to make a shout out and thank you video to Super for sending us these oddities to add to our collection, I somehow got the idea to open them up to have a look inside..

[Image: image.jpg]

Idk how the sun could fade them out so evenly around all four corners and the inside edges of every single window frame, but as you can see the insides are still their standard orangey brown colorSad
Mystery solved!Sad
But THANK YOU SUPER!!!Big Grin it was still a very kind and generous thoughtful gesture and we greatly appreciated it! Smile
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • mod thana, Super, Tharazero1
I actually think the mystery is still unsolved Muddy. I had them apart while cleaning them and noticed the coloring of the plastic on the inside of the shell. To me there is no way the coaches are that evenly sun bleached as the Annie and Clarabel stickers would show sun damage as would the faces which would not bleach out the same color as the plastic if at all. Nor do the coaches look to be custom painted as the details are well...to detailed for that plus there would be evidence of the overcoat having overspray through the windows and onto the inside of the shell. Also I tried the fingernail scratch on the rim on the underside of the shell with no results. No, I believe these were somehow factory made like this and add to that idea that I have seen this color before on a couple of listings convinces me that the mystery is still alive. Maybe a video with the question posed to any YouTube viewers that may recognize these would put to rest of whether they are real or not. I am still in the class of real. At the same time maybe we will find out if the Lochness Monster and Big Foot are real.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • mod thana, MuddyPoppins, Tharazero1
Alright cool then...ill make a video as soon as I get home!!Smile I would love for them to not be sun faded and real, because they really are an awesome color! Fingers X'ed!

I'm not sure about Nessie, but Bigfoot IS definitely real!Smile
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2018, 10:03 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • mod thana, Super
No, I'm not talking about your shoe size Muddy Tongue
More proof that they are real???

Take a look at this UK Ebay listing, says they have 6 sets with the Annies being blonde...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/tomy-trackmas...2384dca3ae

[Image: s-l1f600.jpg]

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thomas-Trackm...2f18c40e4c

[Image: s-l16d00.jpg]

Are these blond but with brown stickered faces???
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/372182600531?rmvSB=true

[Image: s-l1y600.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Ok I'm convinced!
Unless someone comes up with something solid as to why they're not, I will assume they are real!Smile
Oh, I don't think the mystery is over yet. Too many unanswered questions to close the book.

One is, that through all my looking around I can't find a set that included these whether it be with Thomas, another character or Annie and Clarabel sold separately. But that doesn't mean there isn't one that has eluded me.

Two: If they are factory seconds, which I could believe, but how would the face stickers be the same color? I could see if they were clear like the name stickers but they don't look to be.

With the question of them being factory seconds...seconds for what since from looking inside the shell it seems that the plastic could be the normal colored Annie and Clarabel, why would it be blonde on the outside unless.......this is how they prepped them before applying the gold plating for the 60th Anniversary Thomas set??? Could it be that the gold plating looked better with a blonde backing rather that a darker brown or that this is some kind of bonding agent for the plating?? Could a whole batch of these somehow bypassed the plating on the production line or could they have been experimental pieces for testing the gold plating? I could believe some of this if it weren't for those darn blonde face stickers though. I would be curious to know if the inside of the shells for the gold plated 60th Anniversary Annie & Clarabels's are regular brown plastic.

The mystery of them being real could be solved but The Mystery is still afoot of where and why. Come on Detectives...keep digging!
  • MuddyPoppins
i have the gold annie and clarabel, but wont be able to access them for at least a week due to work. if no one else does in the mean time, i will check them out next week.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
[Image: snap.jpg]

I found this image on a youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUvt4vwq484
[-] The following 2 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
I am not so sure this would be like the blonde ones or more like how the direction of the light is hitting the coach. I did see a pair that was still the same brown color as the regular Annie and Clarabel but seemed to have the blonde colored face stickers.
  • MuddyPoppins