Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest Threads
I Wish Tomy Would...!?
Last Post: Super
Today 08:02 AM
» Replies: 136
» Views: 61051
What would you like to see in Takara Tom...
Today 02:48 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 33
thomas and friends mini series
Last Post: sunhuntin
Today 02:47 AM
» Replies: 3010
» Views: 1563526
My Enoden Plarail
Last Post: Mister No
Yesterday 10:40 AM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 679
Ikspiari / Tenshodo Limited Edition Keiy...
Yesterday 06:16 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 75
How Many Motorized Road Vehicles Are The...
01-18-2020 11:28 PM
» Replies: 64
» Views: 15014
How many color variants of this small Wa...
Last Post: Muddy Poppins
01-18-2020 06:33 PM
» Replies: 18
» Views: 632
PROJECT Restoring Thomas
Last Post: PlarailTown
01-18-2020 09:40 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 209
Late Christmas Haul...
Last Post: PlarailTown
01-18-2020 02:17 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 141
Enoden Umi No Mieru Tabi Set
01-16-2020 04:24 AM
» Replies: 38
» Views: 2199
$10 Plarail CRH2 knockoff set on Amazon....
01-15-2020 08:36 PM
» Replies: 24
» Views: 588
COPPA Confusion
Last Post: Off The Rails
01-14-2020 12:43 AM
» Replies: 12
» Views: 235

Creamier Annie & Clarabel
Ok I'm convinced!
Unless someone comes up with something solid as to why they're not, I will assume they are real!Smile
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
Oh, I don't think the mystery is over yet. Too many unanswered questions to close the book.

One is, that through all my looking around I can't find a set that included these whether it be with Thomas, another character or Annie and Clarabel sold separately. But that doesn't mean there isn't one that has eluded me.

Two: If they are factory seconds, which I could believe, but how would the face stickers be the same color? I could see if they were clear like the name stickers but they don't look to be.

With the question of them being factory seconds...seconds for what since from looking inside the shell it seems that the plastic could be the normal colored Annie and Clarabel, why would it be blonde on the outside unless.......this is how they prepped them before applying the gold plating for the 60th Anniversary Thomas set??? Could it be that the gold plating looked better with a blonde backing rather that a darker brown or that this is some kind of bonding agent for the plating?? Could a whole batch of these somehow bypassed the plating on the production line or could they have been experimental pieces for testing the gold plating? I could believe some of this if it weren't for those darn blonde face stickers though. I would be curious to know if the inside of the shells for the gold plated 60th Anniversary Annie & Clarabels's are regular brown plastic.

The mystery of them being real could be solved but The Mystery is still afoot of where and why. Come on Detectives...keep digging!
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Muddy Poppins
i have the gold annie and clarabel, but wont be able to access them for at least a week due to work. if no one else does in the mean time, i will check them out next week.
my website address has changed: http://sunstomyandfriends.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • Muddy Poppins, Super
[Image: snap.jpg]

I found this image on a youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUvt4vwq484
[-] The following 2 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • Muddy Poppins, Super
I am not so sure this would be like the blonde ones or more like how the direction of the light is hitting the coach. I did see a pair that was still the same brown color as the regular Annie and Clarabel but seemed to have the blonde colored face stickers.
  • Muddy Poppins
I wish they had more pictures. https://www.jauce.com/auction/q215830868

[Image: i-img480x480-1528942364aepcmd8696.jpg]
  • Muddy Poppins
Could this possibly be the answer in an Auction Listing in Japan? They look creamier...

Thomas the Tank Engine Basic Set? https://www.jauce.com/auction/p630578203

[Image: i-img800x600-1536376509dyiwhy342177.jpg]
[Image: i-img800x600-1536376509mintdl55655.jpg]

[Image: i-img800x600-1536376507u92eaw343613.jpg]

[Image: i-img800x600-1536376501y37nbr342177.jpg]

[Image: i-img800x600-1536376497csvrsk341762.jpg]

You may be right.
It could just be lighting, but it sure does seem to be blonder than brown to me too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Muddy Poppins's post:
  • Super
Very well played with. More than likely it saw time outside and therefore it's probably more sun discoloring.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trainfanz's post:
  • Super
@T-Fanz

Yes that was one theory we had entertained earlier in this Thread but we thought that the overall color was too even where it would seem that the sun would only affect sides for the most part and one would be more affected by the sun than the other. Also one would assume that the stickered faces would not lighten at the same rate as the plastic. Plus, I always thought that that the sun darkens (dirties/burns) the plastic that to lighten it sort of like tobacco stained and not evenly.

@Muddy

That was my first thought but I thought that we would see a difference from each picture as the angle of the light hitting the coaches would be different. The thought also occurred to me that the face stickers would be affected differently that the color of the plastic.

At any rate, this auction listing shows the coaches to be the closest to the Blonde color mystery yet. But, then again...all the videos I have seen of this set shows Annie & Clarabel as their usual brown color............go figure...........mystery goes on. Undecided
  • Muddy Poppins
Just found another blondie in a lot on eBay..
[Image: 3-F88-CE65-FF3-A-4957-AFA5-586-E159500-EF.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Muddy Poppins's post:
  • Finno, Super
I have seen several that looked to be creamier, some just had a creamier sticker, some were tricks by lighting and camera angles. The ones that looked to be an exact match and shown as both Annie and Clarabel didn't have enough close up pictures to tell for sure. At any rate they sure are odd with no explanation of where they may have come from.
  • Muddy Poppins
I just went through my Annie and Clarabels and I only saw creamer colors in 2002+ A&C (aside from obviously sun faded/damaged ones)

[Image: IMG-20191217-154036.jpg]
Pre-2002, all normal brown

[Image: IMG-20191217-154043.jpg]
Post-2002, mostly brown but the bottom row is "creamier"

[Image: IMG-20191217-154132.jpg]
The range of faces on the "creamy" trucks... I think the faces might be more down to sun damage, or I just haven't come across that particular batch.

Here's the closest I have to the blonde faces (bottom, both on normal brown carriages) but these seem obviously damaged, I think they were brown originally.
[Image: IMG-20191217-154321.jpg]

For the record, none of my (admittedly limited) selection of made in Japan A&C are cream either, definitely seems like a post-2002 thing (if its a real thing at all)

[Image: IMG-20191217-154027.jpg]

I checked my boxed sets and none of them were creamy, for what that's worth.
I think the cream color is from the Sun's rays
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Trainboy90 Productions's post:
  • DuckGWR
To be honest, that's still what I think