Airport Station - Interactive Train Set

14 Replies, 12703 Views

So, my latest purchase to go with my battery powered Underground Ernie collection, as you know this is fully compatible with BPT so it may also be of interest to you Thomas fans as something that could supplement what you already have, anyway enough waffling I'll let the pictures do the talking, but I think I did pretty good seeing as this is a brand new set and cost all of £15 Big Grin Big Grin

[Image: IMG_20180519_085948278.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180519_090010163.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180519_090022725.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180519_090034482.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180519_090058837.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180519_090118981.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180519_090126850.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180519_090147293.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180519_090209643.jpg]

Typical, I just post about the set and a few loose goodies turn up from another auction, nothing massive, but nonetheless relevant to this. The win was for a 'pull-back and go' version of Bakerloo complete with his trailing coach and a trailing coach for Circle, plus some of the character figures from the series.

The reason this was important was that I was keen to see a pull back train as these are sold with the trailing car whereas the battery ones are not and I wanted to see if they were compatible as otherwise I couldn't see where you can get trailing cars for the battery models. Well the good news is they are 100% compatible and sized for use with the battery models. Seems a bit of a sneaky marketing ploy if you ask me as to get the full trains for the battery models you need to buy the pull back models as well.

Anyway here they are, first picture is of Bakerloo and his trailer, second is a battery version of Circle with her pull back trailer, then two shots of the character models, including one with a train for reference as they are not exactly to scale lol!!

[Image: IMG_20180519_094839489.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180519_094902282.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180519_095007610.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180519_095021787.jpg]
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2018, 09:06 AM by Nigels.)
[-] The following 4 users Like Nigels's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Off The Rails, sunhuntin, Super
nice stuff! i did see a small snippet of this show when in australia a few years ago, but dont think it ever got aired locally. blair did have a couple of the HO models, but i think he sold them a while back.

seems quite a large range of stuff was available.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • Nigels, Super
I am loving that Rotating Billboard, I want one. Smile Is that manually rotated or does it take batteries?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(05-19-2018, 10:36 PM)Super Wrote: I am loving that Rotating Billboard, I want one. Smile Is that manually rotated or does it take batteries?

Somehow I thought that item amongst the other may have peeked your interest Super. To be honest I don't know if it is battery powered or powered by the loco as it travels through it. I guess I'll have to open the set and check it out/try it Smile

On the plus side, you could maybe incorporate one of those into your next layout as the track is compatible after all! Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Don't open it on my account if its sealed. Wouldn't there be a picture on the box showing the batteries if it had some?

After seeing your set and the billboard, I had a quick look around for one but I don't want to buy the whole set just to get it and the prices I have seen are a lot higher than what you got yours for.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Nigels
I have to admit my score was a real bargain, I've seen another on offer with a slightly damaged box, but that is nearly twice the price. I've also seen an open/used one for around the price I paid so maybe I may invest in that rather than open mine, I'll have a look at the box first though as I do recall some battery symbols on the bottom so that should give me a hint as to what is needed for what Smile
  • Super
Tried to find a video but all I could come up with is this commercial that really doesn't show much

Ok I checked the box and according to that there are batteries required for the plane tower, the travellater, and the billboard in addition to the train of course.

Anyway i decided to purchase the used set as well so when it arrives super I'll test the bill board and assuming it is all ticketty-boo it's yours if you want it, we can sort shipping etc via pm :-D
  • Super
[Image: happy-jumping-smiley-emoticon.gif][Image: woohoo-smiley-emoticon.gif][Image: super-happy-dance-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Oh Nigels...Thank you very much. You are the best! SmileSmileSmile
Always nice to help each other in my book, if there's anything else you want from that set let me know and we can sort it out when it all arrives Smile
  • Super